33 etrons availabe!

I’ve sold 27 cars thru LH this month. All at MSRP.

3 Likes

70% of vehicles aren’t leased.

Of those that are, what percentage of people do you think are just driving them and making payments like always, completely oblivious to what’s happening in the car market?

I’d bet 90% or more.

you, sir, are a god amongst mere mortals.

2 Likes

They were all Q5e and Etrons ! they should have gone for more :slight_smile:

Wow! good for you! Not so good for us :wink:

Can we change the name of this forum to Listhackr until the chip-shortage is over?

6 Likes

Jack Nicholson Reaction GIF

2 Likes

More than 70% of luxury cars are leased, which makes sense since most of those buyers want a new car every few years…at least here in Beverly Hills!

My guess is the number is reversed for trucks and econoboxes. Exotics too.

1 Like

That’s certainly news to me. Is that a fact or just a personal observation based on your own personal experiences?

Even assuming the market consisted of primarily purchases, someone who purchased a car 2-3 years ago would also be able to make a profit selling their car now in this market. And many have. With those profits, they’ve gotten into new cars and paid way more than they normally would. I don’t think they’d be willing to do that again if they don’t have another car to sell for profit in 2-3 years from now. Just my opinion/observation of course.

While the article is about 4 years old, I think relatively holds true today:

Which car brands are most often leased? - Cartelligent

1 Like

Thanks for this! This makes a lot more sense and confirms what I thought—a majority of cars are leased, not purchased.

A8 line moving or is that discounted? I don’t see that being sold well.

the A8e and the S8 are moving ,

2 Likes

While I don’t need a car probably until August (and none of us have Crystal Balls!), are there any models that are leasing, not well, but have acceptable terms?

Reason I ask is I’m really not picky…just need a car to drive.

Recently the industry average has been in the mid-20s. It really never got much higher than about 30% for leasing. Premium, obviously, is much higher. Mainstream brands rarely get higher than low 40s (Honda, Jeep, VW, Mazda, MINI in particular).

1 Like

LA luxury market is a 88% leasing

1 Like

The car business is all about “turn and earn”…

Manufactures want RDR‘s punched!

The manufactures are all about volume and marketshare…

The more RDR‘s punched every month… the greater the dealership’s next vehicle allocation is…

By Christmas… I expect to see new car inventory to increase dramatically…

Big discounts and manufacture incentives will eventually be back…

I’m ready to lease two more vehicles immediately… but I’m in no hurry… no need to overpay!

They’re still deals out there… they are just harder to find!

….

4 Likes

I wish it was that straightforward. I would bet my lifesavings current auto pricing situation has many other factors than consumers’ willingness to pay, production issues probably being primary.

I have been buying off lease cars for many years. IMO they are great value.

Most estimates I’ve seen are between 25% and the low 30% range.

https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/car-leasing-hits-new-record-despite-high-prices