320i xDrive 2018 - Deal check

Yup. I was thinking of doing that and for a 24m one, it makes sense.

24 month residual is higher 66-67% before mileage penalty and if you do 0 DAS make sure the first month is free so technically your pay xxx for 23 months

It’s not free, you are just dividing the total amount due by 23 instead of 24. There is no savings or difference.

Yeah true lol that’s what I meant worded it weird though now that I’m reading it over

I’ll get the proper lease quotes on Monday morning, but from what I gathered kinda reverse engineering it, the sales guy said $199 with $2500 down (that’s doc $499 if I recall correctly, acquisition $925, title which I believe is about $130) plus taxes and first month. Assuming the miles overage (over the 500mi and that RV lowering), makes the sales price before loyalty to be about $29100. This is assuming the national MF is 0.00177, dealer Markup of 0.0004 , no MSD, etc.

If I rolled the acquisition into the MF, added the 7 MSD, add $750 extra as loyalty, removed the down payment (so down would be the $499 doc and title which I think is $130.
I’m getting about $215/month

If I pay the acquisition fee, the total is about $188 a month

So there is about a $27 difference, which over 24 months is about $648 (say $650). This is about $275 less than paying it up front. BUT I would need to put into the MSD $250x7 vs $200x7 (so about $350 more (which I get back anyway, so that is OK).

Doing the math a bit differently, where the $499 doc fee isn’t included (seems that Sonic dealers eliminated that), the car sales price is $29,550 (using the same maths as earlier). discount it by $750, do the MSD x7, roll the acquisition into the MF, no down (well, tax, title, MSD and first month) and I get $235 a month

Paying acquisition up front I get $207 a month (so $28 a month, which is basically the same as earlier at about $672 over the 24months vs the $925)

If I just rolled the acquisition into the cap cost, I get about $246 a month, which is about $11/month more than just raising the MF.

So just roll everything in and bump the rate to waive the acq fee? That’s what I’d do, or find a diesel!

Yeah I’m working on a diesel and should have that quote tomorrow also.
One thing this deal all depends on if they’ll take the current lease car (which ends in July), obviously waive the $350 return (and I assume when I return the current lease early, the last few monthly payments are waived). They would need to be also flexible with the tires and mats (I have winter run flats on, though I suppose they can just swap tires as its most likely the same size and mats would be black in both, so juat take the cloth mats from the new car or let me mail the mats to them).

Good analysis but I’m not clear why you are assuming max dealer mark up… is this dealer known for that and it’s non-negotiable?

From the other 3 bmw cars we got from them in the past, the Markup was the max allowed and there was no wiggle room. Maybe they can do something given that it’s the 4th car through the same dealer.

Nobody’s waiving anything, they’ll just roll it into the deal. And you’ll get charged for the tires. This car doesn’t belong to the dealer, it’s between you and bmwfs. Maybe these dealers will be desperate enough to eat your payments. You can get tires online used for cheap. Not sure why you would want to put new tires on the turn in from the car you are getting

If they roll the last few payments of the lease into the deal, that’s fine as it’ll come out the same. I’ll see about the tires and see what they’ll do. But as far as I understand, they have quite a few 2018 320i xdrive to unload by Tuesday. If they won’t, I don’t see any point in paying for 3 months plus insurance for a car sitting in the driveway.
True about the tires. They might have some spare ones at their service center they can just give or sell me. I assume mailing them the 4 all season ones (which thread wise is over what’s allowed) would be expensive.

The car i would return would be the other bmw (328ix) which is about $290 a month (that was also a good lease IMO 36m/15k msd and down was the tax, title, doc, acquisition) . So they’ll need to cover the last 3 plus $350 return and deal with the tires.

Why not wait to turn it in until you order and get the used tires mounted? Look on Craigslist and Facebook locally too. You can probably buy used tires with enough thread and get them mounted for under $400. I assume BMW will charge you around $300 per tire mounted.

You would need to pay the last months upfront but would avoid paying it over 2 years with interest and sales tax on it again.

You could always turn it in later and take care of those items, work the deal so they cut you a check back for the remaining payments. The dispo fee will be waived anyway since you’re leasing another one.

Problem is that I’m based in IL and the dealer is in Denver. So driving it back out seems kinda pointless. If they discount the new car and figure out the $350 fee somehow, I can return it back in IL later on.

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t matter where you turn it in, as long as you lease another one they’ll waive it. On another note, if it’s the dealer in “Denver” make sure all the numbers match the calculator or a spreadsheet because I had issues with them double counting the miles on a loaner so they could pad the payment. They did the same thing to someone else that posted here too. I’d ask for a photo of the miles on the car’s odometer because they aren’t very good about keeping those numbers up to date on their site. You can look at the service records on their site and that might give you a ball park. They have cars on their site that show 2k or 3k when the car actually has 7k or more. Just make sure you have all the details hammered out before you come all the way out here, the new car manager that I dealt with was an ahole

Thanks all for the advice. I ended up getting the 320i xdrive for $215 /month. Down was the acquisition, first month, filing fee and about $200. Not exactly how I wanted to structure it, but they did heavily discount it as they won’t touch MSD leases (the finance manager says they never get reimbursed from BMW, but I think they just don’t feel like doing the paperwork). The car I got, when I checked the calculator would of been about $260 a month with MSD and acquisition rolled into the MF (yeah, the online prices sisnt match well with what I assumed and only certain 320i cars were being pushed but not all of them). So overall, I think it came out to be a good deal.