3 Series BMW Marked Up Money Factor?

I am in the process of helping a friend lease a BMW in Florida. I received these numbers for a dealer in the Tampa area. The money factor seems marked up, can someone let me know if this is the case?

2016 BMW 320i sedan MF with approved credit 0.00165 Residual of 65%
2016 BMW 328i sedan MF with approved credit 0.00165 Residual of 65%
2017 BMW 320i sedan MF with approved credit 0.00165 Residual of 67%
2017 BMW 330i sedan MF with approved credit 0.00165 Residual of 67%

Thanks.

It is marked up. The base rate for this month is .00134, the dealer is allowed to mark it up to .00174, so there is definitely some room to negotiate there.

Are those residuals for a two year lease?

Thank you, yes it is 2 years 12k miles.

How can you negotiate marked up MF? I shoot email to 4 dealers around SF Bay Area 2 days ago, all of them are 0.00174. even after I willing to put down 7 MSD still 0.00125. Only when I tell them that I work with one of the fleet program company they lower their base to 0.00155, still no where near 0.00134.

Just tell them you want the base MF which you know is .00134. Unless you’re getting a massive discount on the price of the car, you should be able to get them down to base and then lower with fleet and MSD.

They will go to buy rate if you ask them to. If not, then call dealers in SoCal first and get an awesome price… make Bay Area dealers match. I’ve done this three or four times with BMW, Lexus,Jag, etc I’ve never had to go down to SoCal to get the car as they always end up matching.

I see, seems like SoCal dealer usually give better MF upfront. which SoCal dealer do you usually use to get quote, and which BMW dealer do you know that will usually match the price?

Thanks

I just called the dealer out on the marked up MF and they brought it down to .00134.

1 Like

Any socal BMW dealer is fine… And the Bay Area ones you still have to call and ask. Every month is different for each dealer so there’s no cookie cutter answer.

Okay, will do that next time, thanks!!