3-Row Crossover Options

Not really surprising. March was end of FY for Nissan, and deals are usually better as a result for both brands so they can end on a high note. April is their “January.”

It’s 2 payments, $500 forgiveness of wear and tear and of course no disposition fee.

I keep asking where you came up with that assumption? Read what @cheapdad00 wrote about unpublished incentives

Hey, so how accurate is Edmunds TMV pricing? I just did it for a Pathfinder SL 4x4, MSRP of $40,650. TMV is $37,497, then minus rebates making it $35,497. We would also qualify for the graduate discount of $750, plus I also get VPP, which what I hear is basically another $1,500 off, is that correct? So to me that would make it $33,247. That number to me would make for a very affordable lease for us. That’s less than her current model now. My question basically is, how accurate is this? Or is this a pipe dream and way off from what a dealer would agree to?

And the funny part is that the QX60 would still probably lease for less.

Probably a little improbable. You can always try and see how far you get.

1 Like

You’re failing to take into account some important aspects of the lease equation such as RV, and MF. The QX60 leases better than the pathfinder because of these things. You seem to only be looking at the MSRP and published discounts. If you want the Pathfinder, get one. You obviously enjoyed it, and you can likely get one near your price point. That’s your choice, no one can make it for you. But the advice of the forum is and will continue to be, the QX60 leases better, and is a better vehicle. It would behoove you to look into it.

I used this before in a Camry thread and think it applies here:

Epiphany (e·piph·a·ny. əˈpifənē) - the moment on LH, when you realize the luxury vehicle leases better than the similarly equipped mainstream one which costs 10-20k less.:grin:

1 Like

Hahaha. Yes everyone I do realize the QX60 leases better. I have not counted it out and plan to hopefully talk to my wife about looking into one. My main worry is that it seems the great, sub-$400 lease payments for the QX60 that I see here involve large amounts of MSDs, which as I have said we cannot do. I can’t drop $3k at signing. The most I’d be comfortable with is around $1,500, which in MSDs would still lower the MF, but I don’t think enough to make payments that low.

Look, be patient with me. I do have a bad habit of getting myself all worked up and setting myself up for failure. Haha. I’m trying to do better this time. I don’t know why this whole process intimidates me so much, hell I even used to sell myself. :thinking:

Can’t do MSD’s, or won’t do MSD’s?

If you need the cash liquid, then I can understand. But the MSD’s are eliminating interest (saving/earning you money) monthly. There are plenty of other vehicles you can get for $400 a month with $0 down or first month only. However, in the 3-Row crossover world, there aren’t many. Pilot’s, Highlander’s, etc… lower models only. Soon as you step up to Limited trim with the features you’re looking for, you’ll go over that mark. This is why the forum loves the QX60 right now. It’s a great lease deal that most dealers are willing to replicate. A lot of car for the money.

I agree. All other options seem to lease poorly. I have a Hyundai so I have looked at the Sante Fe. They seem to have good incentive cash, but I don’t think they lease well. Correct me if I’m wrong. Also, my wife’s requirement is the second row be a bench, which seems to be VERY hard to find on upper trims of the Sante Fe.

I’ve thought about the Acadia, but don’t know much about how the new ones are leasing. Plus they seem to have the same issue with the second row…hard to find a bench instead of captains chairs.

There’s the new Traverse, but those seem ridiculously over-priced. The Enclave is nice-looking, but seems they lease like crap. The Explorer is out, wife hates them. Highlander, as stated, is out of our range, as is the Pilot (Honda’s infotainment is horrid anyway). This is pretty much leaving us with the Pathfinder/QX60.

2nd row bench requirement has directed me to the QX60, as getting leather and a 2nd row bench in the GM models isn’t happening.

Yes, the 3 Row crossover market is fickle imo. Considering I went through this choice last summer, I know where you are… I went with the Highlander Limited because it felt more luxurious than the competitors, at the price point I was comfortable with ($500 a month).

That said, the Santa Fe leases ok, but not great. Similar features you’re probably around $440 a month with the Hyundai. The Acadia leases well from what I’ve read, but you couldn’t pay me to drive one (personal opinion). The Traverse is overpriced, but fully loaded it’s a nice vehicle. The RV sucks on it, so unless you get it heavily discounted you’re not going to get a good lease deal. Considering it’s full refresh for 2018, discounts are unlikely right now.

Again, I’d take a strong look at the Infiniti. I kind of wish it had leased as well a year ago, I might’ve gotten one over my Highlander… But my Highlander is going to my wife in August, and I may just get a QX60 depending on how well they lease then. My eye is on the Land Rover Discovery, so I’ll do my best to hack that first…

So I’m also taking a quick look into the possibility of two-row SUVs, but that at least have a large amount of cargo space behind the second row. In reality we have actually used the third row I believe one time in 3 years of ownership. What we have used is all the space when the third row is folded. So long story short I’m giving a glance at Grand Cherokees…anyone know if they lease well or not? My company also gets the “Chrysler Affiliate” deal as well.

The limited trim leases better than the other trims. However, their cargo is pretty small, you’ll want to see for yourself.

@mani_is_kool posted a great deal on a Buick Envision which is a 2 row with lots of storage behind 2nd row.

1 Like

Okay guys I have some new questions. Thanks by the way for all your help. We are probably going to look at the Grand Cherokee this weekend. A good friend of ours sells at a local Jeep dealer. So, I’m looking at Limited 4x4 models. Currently, if I’m looking at this correctly, we would qualify for $4,500 in lease incentives. I also get Chrysler affiliate pricing through my work, which is 1% below invoice I believe? So my question is…in terms of the dealer, what are they reimbursed by Chrysler for exactly, out of all that? Meaning, how much additional negotiating could I achieve? I know that rebates and such are reimbursed right back to the dealer, so a dealer technically loses no money at all on those. What about the affiliate pricing? Could I still negotiate more off the price even after the affiliate and subsequent rebates/bonuses? MF is extremely low on these this month… .00009, and RV isnt too bad at 54% either. Seems like this wouldnt be a bad lease option at all for us.

Sorry to ask again, but we’re getting closer to talking about offers. Anyone know what’s been a good typical discount people are negotiating on Grand Cherokees now? I’m wanting to know how much more I could try to knock off from the Chrysler affiliate pricing minus all the rebates?