3-Row Crossover Options

VPP in the case my QX60 lease, is just another $1500 off selling price. If you really want to get to the bottom price, you go in and negotiate the selling price without disclosing your VPP. Once you get a satisfying price, then present your VPP and get another $1500 off.

As someone with a CX-9 in the driveway, I’d say to look at the QX60. We’ve been really underwhelmed by it and would love to get out of it into something else.

Okay, so forgive my dumb question, but if I did that couldn’t the dealer just be like “oh we can’t do that now, there’s already too big of a discount” yadda yadda…

I will admit with the Pathfinder I told them about VPP literally right off the bat. Probably a bad idea…

She doesn’t like them at all. And before I got my Elantra Sport I test drove a Mazda6, after hearing people just RAVE about them. I hated it.

Wife and I also considered and test drove CX-9, I like the CX-9 exterior styling better, my wife was ok with both CX and QX.

A few reasons we ended up wth QX over CX

1. it doesn’t lease as well. Payment offered to me was $499 for GT trim, while I am sure I can negotiated lower, but I doubt it can go down to QX#.
  2. lack of low end torque/power at local speed. This is obvious enough my wife said this car has no power. At high way speed, it feels OK
  3. some safety features are not available, such as front and rear collision mitigate, 360 camera. The later is what I my wife strongly prefer.
  4. interior dimension. CX is definitely narrower. The higher belt line make it feel less airy or open compare to QX.

After all, if lease payment is slower than QX, we may still get it. But it wasn’t.

The mazda infotainment system is miserable too. Really makes the car feel cheaper than the competitors.

This all makes sense why I have people wanting to get out of them, I personally didn’t mind them.

You can lease a GT for about $400/Mo first payment drive off

So to ask an earlier question again, is this a bad time of the year to find good incentives to lease? Even the QX60 doesn’t seem to have any cash incentives at the moment. Our lease is up in August, but I don’t want to wait until then if May, June or July would be better. Vice versa, I don’t want to jump on anything soon, if waiting longer would be better. Obviously I know the true best time is end of the year, but we can’t wait that long.

This is an amazing month to lease the Qx60, especially if you can do MSDs (I know you said you didn’t want to). Infiniti raised their floorplan costs for dealers so they have to pay more for not selling them as well as a higher base MF which raises lease monthly prices (but can be easily offset with Infiniti’s generous MSD program). The incentives do vary by market and for the most part are not published publicly. Read up on a couple of the recent QX60 threads.

Even though its a good month to lease a QX60, I’m not sure it will be better now (and having to eat 3-4 Pathfinder payments) vs. waiting until the last month of your Pathfinder lease. I was shopping the QX60 last May/June and the lease prices then were higher then than they are today, but within $50/month range.

I am not so sure about this. Why not contact a broker here and ask. Most QX60 deal threads are within 1 month old

Where did you come up with that???

Google “Nissan lease extension” and find out.

Might give you more time to save up for MSDs as well.

I think the best time to lease a Nissan and Infiniti is the end of their fisco year, not calendar year. I think that is now

I was actually wondering how Nissan to Infiniti would work. Generally, in my experience, if you’re leasing another model of the same manufacturer, they will forgive the remaining payments if there’s only 3 or so left. Nissan and Infiniti are technically the same, but also different. So would that work the same I wonder?

Sadly, that was last month.

I am looking to do the same thing as you (Pathfinder to QX60). I reached out to Infiniti and confirmed the pull ahead works the same way with either Nissan or Infiniti(you can turn your Nissan in early and they will waive 2 payments).

1 Like

Is it 2 payments or 3 payments?

I believe Nissan/Infiniti is 2. However, I have seen dealers advertising 3.

Just saw Nissan’s sales numbers for April. :scream:

Everything WAY down. Maybe because their incentives have been so horrible lately. April pretty much had zero leasing incentives at all. Not sure what’s going on with May yet. Maybe it will improve?

I am looking more into the QX60 now, but it still seems to me that the incentives aren’t very good at the moment? I’m seeing no lease cash, rebates, etc…

Infiniti has “hidden” rebates only accessible to dealers, as opposed to the more commonly available ones published on manufacturer’s websites and Autobytel. Ask your local dealer what the incentives are. Last month there was 1k lease cash (except NY region has 2k). My region had 4k purchase cash as well. None of these were published, dealer had to send me a screenshot from their system.

1 Like