3 carseat hack help! Colorado

Hi Hackrs! Looking for some input/suggestions on the best hack for a family of five. Three of which are under 4 years old and in car seats.

Currently in a Grand Cherokee lease with an offer from Carvana to pocket ~$4k in equity.

Working on leases for sienna awd (great mf/ok residual) but dealers are mighty proud of them and won’t discount, Odyssey (okay programs) not awd though, and considered the new awd Pacifica (again, no programs or offers).

Looking for suggestions on 3 row vehicles that’ll fit 3 car seats and is a ‘good’ deal…<$500/month. Considered the xc90 but 3rd row is small and the 7 passenger doesn’t have a tether for the forward facing car seat.

Thanks for the input!

The best cars for your needs are minivans, hands down! Unfortunately they rarely lease well. I highly recommend buying one. I have a Chrysler Town and Country and I love it but all of the minivans in your radar are great too.

1 Like

Pilot ex-l

1 Like

Oh boy, it’s the great car seat debate… Suburban

2 Likes

I have an XC 90 and can fit 3 carseats across the second row. 2 Britax and 1 UPPAbaby Mesa infant seat.

Also look at the car seat form factor!

Some car seats like Clek are thin and fit well.

They are pricey but I highly recommend. Also know for not using the flame brominated and chlorinated flame retardants which are stated to cause cancer.

17 inches across

Of course I had to also reply with the clearance section in hackr fashion.

2 Likes

Honestly new car seats are cheaper than bumping into a large suv right now :skull_and_crossbones:

Look into Diono car seats. Very slim profile.

Honda Odyssey EXL

All great suggestions! We have 2 dionos in the grand Cherokee now, may try to squeeze the other in the middle.

I expanded my Sienna search to other states. That’s the lead candidate right now. I’ll check out the pilot as well (looks like a great lease). And an Odyssey with snow tires is option 2/3.
Thanks for the help!

This^^^^^^^