3/4 ton pick ups

I never see lease hacks for 3/4 Ton or full ton pick
ups. Is there ever any hacks on those type of vehicles?

Are those the trucks that get purchased for “business use” to take advantage of accelerated depreciation?

Certain XC90s qualify for the section 179 deduction, I think the T6 and T8 qualify, if their GVWR is above 6000. However, I am not a qualified tax professional, we just brushed on it during accounting class. My neighbor works in defense and has a XC90 he deducts under 179 for his business.

A quick google reveals the E tron qualifies :wink:.

@AP919 is much more qualified to discuss tax ramifications and requirements than I am.

Most banks will not lease 250s and 350s

So you’re correct in stating they’re not really hackable

Realistically, as a truck owner for 15+ years, I understand that a “regular” truck owner doesn’t need anything larger than a half ton.

Most folks getting 250s and 350s are working them and banks don’t want to take that risk on a lease return.

Only if purchased-not leased (over 6000 gvw)

I’m a nerd, not a CPA, had no clue so it’s good to know though.

1 Like

People who purchase more than half tons typically work them harder, i.e tow insane loads like hotshotting. Banks don’t want to take the risk on this, also there’s just not enough market to make it worthwhile to lease, and mileage would also be a huge problem.

Makes sense. I’d be looking for one to tow a boat, not as a daily driver. Something I would plan on putting low miles ok if I could get the right lease deal. Sounds like that’s not possible though.

It really depends on what right is for you.

You can find a $50K Ram 3500 on Rodo for $510/mo w/ only first month DAS.

1 Like

I would check the market but it’s a tough market.
Never say never though.

Rodo has all the offers! Hopefully the dealership will actually honor that lease deal.

I looked on Rodo. There were 2 nice deals that I would have closed on today or tomorrow before June deals close and both just happened to not be available any longer according to Rodo.

Seems like that app is a bit of a waste of time.