$2500 California EV Credit Tracker

Anyone else applied for EV credit in CA in the past 3 months? I’m sharing my wait time experience… Welcome anyone else post their own experience to share with non-ev owners who are interested.

I bought a Bolt from chevysalesgirl (Trish) :slight_smile: on 11/8/2017.
Applied for the EV credit that same night but application was not approved until 11/29
Today is 1/8/2018 and still nothing…

Same here. Got a Bolt from the Tricia in December. Applied on 1/2/2018 and they say the wait times for processing are 30-35 days.

Was not aware there was an additional delay after approval though.

Got a Honda Clarity on Dec. 5, 2017 for my mom. Applied for the rebate the same day. Got an approval on Jan 5, 2018. Looks like it takes up to 90 days for them to mail the rebate check.

Bump. Any updates?

My app still under review (less than 30 days)

Just logged into the website and checked.

Nothing is updated. Looks the same old. I have not received a check in the mail either. This is painfully slow.

The other issue that comes and goes with the California EV rebate, is that the rebate money has to be allocated by the state government. If the till is empty (and it gets this way at times) you’ll have to wait for the legislation to fund (refund) the EV rebate money.

I have no idea what the status is right now.

they prioritize it by income as to those who get paid out first :confused:

Absolutely bureaucratic. Will New California be any better?

Trish what’s the approximate buyer profile? I mean, I get the sense that the Bolt EV is not exactly being bought by poor Californians.

Got the rebate check within 2 weeks of getting the approval here.

Wow. You got the car a month after me but already received the check. Did the website show that a check was mailed out?

Those who applied, quick question - do you have to scan or are pictures of the documents good enough. Also, the tax form they are requesting - do I just fill out the top portion and they fill out the rest?

I scanned mine in, but I’m sure if you wanted to take a picture, make sure they look like scanned copy. They won’t be able to tell given the smartphone photo quality is so high. I didn’t have to turn in my tax return so I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

They will send you an email when the check is mailed.

Here’s my experience from last year:
2/9/17 - Submitted documents
3/14/17 - Application Approved
5/5/17 - Check Sent

I submitted the app the day I got the car since I was worried that CA could run out of money. Yes I was actually surprised by how fast the check came after we got the approval. You’ll get an email notification when they mail out the check.

Do you have to wait to receive registration before applying for the rebate?
Or can you apply same day you get the vehicle?

You can use temp tags the dealer gives you.

Also they did not actually verify our income.

Did anyone actually have their income verified?

I reread their website, I think it’s only if you apply for the increased rebate. The standard rebate doesn’t seem to need income verification.

Are you sure? So I can apply for this rebate even if my wife and I make over $300k?

I think the income verification (for regular and low income rebates) is randomly selected.

Well, if you make over $300k, then you’re not supposed to apply for it. You might get away with it though since they don’t always verify the income.