'22 Camaro LT1 Deal, First Time leasing and would appreciate your expertise

Hello @Amr_Aly
So just looking at your findings, I started looking for an LT1 myself. I had to call about 8-9 dealers today and got the figures from each of them.
I found one with an MSRP of $42545. This is the best deal I could find around me. I am located in Midwest. I have included all the extra packages in the calculator link:

This is what I am getting:
2022 Chevrolet Camaro LT1
Technology Package $900.00
RS Package $1,495.00
Dual-mode exhaust $995.00
Design Package 1 $1,970.00
Rapid Blue $395.00
Paddle shift automatic transmission $1,595.00
MSRP: 42545
Sale Price: 40959 + 699(admin fee) + 1698 (aftermarket) - 750 (GM discount) = 42606

I am yet to argue on the numbers. I believe I can get the sale price to go further down but I am not sure how much. They have added an extra $1698 of hidden charges on the lease for “aftermarket”. I would have to try and get that removed from the sale price.

However, I just wanted to share the numbers I got.
Would also love to get opinions of what others think about this deal.
@spockvr6 @Leasehackr2

Would it be worth going for as my first new car?

Thanks

That’s great that you’re finding a car under MSRP man, wish I could find one similar near me! Overall looks like there’s not much you can do unless you also qualify for the student discount, or can get supplier pricing (and a dealer willing to give you it). Looks like you’re dealing with an honest dealer unlike me.

I’m going to keep it real with you though this may be a lot of car for your first car, 455 hp is a lot and I know how I drove with my first car. I know it’s cool and it’s awesome as a first car, and you know yourself best, but please be responsible. I lost a friend to his crazy driving way too young.

1 Like

This is not a good first car… I am a somewhat seasoned driver and it still has me second guessing at times. Stick to something that likes to keep its tail straight then slowly move on up to a V8.

Stupid fun though: LT1 V8 Doughnut - YouTube

2 Likes

Maybe look in IL away from Chicago Area dealers, there’s definitely some LT1 out there without markups. Search for inventory through Chevy inventory since in-transit don’t show up on auto trader or cars.com

First car 450+ Hp, Midwest, 245s and constant snow. You must have steel balls or incredible self control to not floor it. Be careful the stock 245s with 450 Hp is defo a gamble as a first car

Thanks for all the pointers guys.
I should have mentioned this in the previous comment. It wouldn’t be my first car but would be my first new car. I currently own a 2011 Chevy Malibu. I like to think I am a decent driver and I think my anxiety should allow me to be in control most of the time. I think I’ll be keeping my 2011 Malibu as a backup. In case of snowy days. Plus there is a possibility I might move out of Midwest in the next year or so. If things don’t go as planned, I might just get out of the lease later in the year or next year.

Currently, for some weird reason, my heart is set on getting myself a gift in the form of an LT1 Camaro. I don’t think it is a financially good decision. The alternative is to just finance a CX-5 Signature. But I am leaning towards the Camaro. If my numbers were slightly better… … … .

If you got a Malibu I don’t understand why don’t you qualify for $1500?

Also where did you get the Acq Fee of $999?

For IL area it shows when I select “ I/We currently own or lease a 2008 or newer GM vehicle (Chevrolet)” it shows a $1500 rebate

In IL it looks as if GM set it at $500 instead of your $750

This is on buy click drive

So this current deal I got is pre-negotiation over the phone, texts, and emails.
They added a $999 aftermarkets and then a $699 admin fee and another $699 that I am not sure what that is being charged for.
Tomorrow, I’ll go into the dealership and try to get the $999 as well as $699 removed from the offer.

As for the incentives. Unfortunately, in my region (Kansas City, Missouri (MO)), that $1500 rebate is only if you lease a GM vehicle or for a conquest lease. There is no incentive for owning a 2011 Chevy which kind of sucks. I believe there was even a discount for owning non-GM vehicles. I think I’ll try to ask them if I can add a co-signer to get some of these conquest rebates.
Could you send me the link to where you find those discounts? I couldn’t find it on that page myself.

Also looking at the deal you got in March, I feel like I am getting ripped off. :rofl:

I feel like even after negotiation, I wouldn’t be able to get the effective payment lower than $450. That is if they even agree to bring it down from what it is now $498.

Welcome to the new and improved “Lets Go Brandon” economy.

3 Likes

The market in march 21 was a totally different market, its useless to compare it with.

I got the information from buy.gm.com

1 Like

You mean the one with record high stock prices, low employment (or is it fake news now?), the highest gdp growth in a generation, the most annual job growth ever, a huge boost in home prices leading to the highest levels of home equity, that terrible economy? Yeah inflation is high (partially attributable to the tax cuts and jobs act trumpy signed) but mostly it’s due to consumers flush with cash (see economic highlights above) and supply chain issues that Biden has no control over.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.