21 Mercedes Benz GLE350

Not sure how this comment is relevant to OP. As they stated, the car is for their parents. Even if they had an extra $10k lying around, trying to shame someone for not putting down MSDs makes no sense.

Back to the deal - If that’s the car OP’s parents want and that’s the best deal they were able to negotiate, then not much additional feedback we can provide.

2 Likes

In this case, MB doesn’t allow lease transfers anymore and if the vehicle is sold, your MSDs come back to you.

1 Like

Nice crossover, but paying nearly $1k a month for a GLE is insane.

to each their own I guess

3 Likes

i agree it’s s class money, i just drove the car though and it’s honestly such an improvement from the previous body

I have a 2020 GLE and just ordered a 2021 X5 to replace my 2018 X5. Both are great cars.

The supply pipeline of GLEs is very limited and build time takes close to 3 months. GLEs have become a $1000 a month vehicle. Hard to find one for less than $900 so your deal is ok.

A little price setting. S560 cars are $1700 a month vehicle and will likely be over $2000 a month with the new one coming soon. Cars have become more expensive during this pandemic.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

I leased my s560 120k msrp for 1010 a month

In Dec ‘16 I financed a née 2017 with P1 diamond silver color with $65,000 msrp to a selling price of $52,000 for $808 tax included per month at 1.99% ~ lease would have been $599. $0 down . It’s a different time nowA SUVs are in high demand

I feel like in almost every thread people start comparing the deal to other models, and other manufactures. People want a specific car, some cars lease much worse than others, but that’s the car they want. We should be comparing the deal to what others got or could get on the same car. It doesn’t help to mention that you can get this totally different vehicle for less.

1 Like

The comments aren’t just for the benefit of OP.

My experience on this and other forums:

People reading > people who post replies > people who create new threads

Yet we’re all here reading and learning.

2 Likes

There are tons of people that get fixated on msrp rather than lease value, and are shocked to find out what other/better vehicles they can get for the same dollar and/or don’t understand the brand/model specific boulder they’re trying to push up a hill. I’ve seen lots of people redirect their efforts after being told “you can get x instead”.

Of course it does. For every one who is fixated on just one car, there are dozens who don’t realize just how much similar cars can vary in lease pricing despite similar MSRP.

1 Like

I completely agree. For example, when I kept getting told my GLE was delayed and there was no ETA, I started shopping around for other comparable SUVs. Volvo for example was quoting me in the lower 600s for a similar MSRP XC90 whereas my GLE ended up coming out to $704 a month with the same terms as the Volvo.

Different automakers have different residuals and money factors, and incentives and whatnot which make the price for comparable vehicles so much different.

1 Like

I can understand if it’s for other readers, but the OP posted a signed deal, not sure how it helps him now.

I also was having some reading comprehension issues earlier, I thought the earlier posts were suggesting to get an S class sedan instead, but they were just posting for market reference.

from where