2024 Toyota Tacoma patent image reveal

This time around yes. But not ever redesign. The current 4runner is using same engine and tranny from previous tacoma.

Nissan copied Toyota, considering this was their original design for the previous generation, launched all the way back in 2004
nissan-frontier-crew-cab-photo-165453-s-original

I hear this isn’t true, there are gonna be 4 engines apparently.

Highlander no longer uses this engine.

Regular Highlander now uses this engine instead, which apparently the Tacoma will only have in hybrid form on the next TRD Pro and automatic only.

This is what some insiders and people who attended several dealer conferences in Vegas last year, have stated.

It is all new from scratch for 2024, for the first time since late 2004, two generations ago. New modular frame, shared with new Land Cruiser, Tundra, Lexus LX, and Sequoia called TNGA-F. It’s for all future ladder frame Toyota vehicles.

https://www.autonews.com/sales/toyotas-plan-all-pickups-1-platform

Outgoing Tacoma was confirmed as a mega facelift at release in 2015, intended to run as little as 6 years and up to 8 total. Not the full 10 or more like other models.

Toyota when it comes to styling, are all about evolution, if there is existing success. They only reinvent the wheel, where there is failure like with the 15 year old last generation Tundra and Sequoia.

Similar styling doesn’t make for a “refresh” at all, as the proof is in the technical details versus surface details such as styling.

The 2014 Corolla and 2013 Avalon looked drastically different from their predecessors, yet rode on the same old platforms, dating back years.
Screenshot-2020-05-18-at-3.11.20-PM

The 2019.5 Corolla and 2019 Avalon were virtually identical to them, but migrated to the new modular TNGA-C (compact) and TNGA-K (midsize). Only thing carryover were some engines or engine block (Avalon got new version).

2-298
4-251

3-342

Toyota has done the same with the Tacoma, even the Land Cruiser 300 and Lexus LX.

4 engines; no. Toyota never does 4 engines on any model. It will be same engine as 4 cylinder highlander and hybrid for trd pro.

New GX is coming out this year with toyota 300 series land cruiser turbo 6.

4runner is coming in 2025 with likely same engine as tacoma. Production was delayed due to success of Bronco & wrangler. Toyota wants to make it more offroad worthy, maybe similar to FJ. All I know is I am ready to upgrade my 21 trd pro 4runner.

Yeah and nope. There have been various reasons for it, including obviously expected ROI and EPA.

Experts told me that the recent overextended life cycles (ie Tundra & etc) were an issue of product planning and consolidation engineering, not a deliberate intention to keep things on the shelf too long.

Either half of the trucky ladder frame models were going to be discontinued and the rest, given bandaid updates (2016 Tacoma) to tide them along until resources were worth putting forward.

Toyota having a recall crisis in 2010 and the 2011 Japanese natural disasters, triggered a lot of canceled plans and pushbacks. Or project reboots. An all new truck has always been expected after this generation ran its course at 3/4s of a decade.

They’ve been hinting at a new Tacoma for 4 years now, even though online Taco owners keep expecting them not to touch it until post-2025.

Well, it’s here now and it’s 99.9% new, outside of trying to mimic the current truck as close to possible, with some toned down Tundra cues.

See the new Lex RX, totally new, but weirdly identical to the last one. Leave it to Toyota to copy themselves as best as possible, on an all new platform.

The last paragraph isn’t true, the delays have nothing to do with Bronco and Wrangler. I keep seeing that and I’m told it’s conjecture.

I got it from insider info.

The first paragraph is really your opinion, not factual statements from insider information I got from a guy in Detroit, who’s pretty reliable and the dealer body commenting on the Vegas shows they go to, which didn’t show the 4Runner, but Tacoma and new Land Cruiser.

The Tacoma will have the same inline 4, Highlander hybrid engine on TRD OFFR and TRD S as optional, with current V6 as well.

TRD Pro gets RX500h engine with no manual option. Manual is said to be available with the V6. I can post links to that info.

This thread came up in a Google search and I saw some stuff not making sense here, so I gave my 2 cents.

Toyota does not produce 4 engines for any model. I do not see them changing that going forward. Not sure who your insider is nor do I doubt these can be the rumors. Based on past history this has not happened.

Why would they show Land cruiser to USA dealers if its not being sold here? 4runner will not be shown to US dealers until closer to release to the public, being that its made and will be made in Japan.

We can argue back and forth on speculation. Watch this clip. This guy worked for Toyota, just spent time in Japan with the President of Toyota. His info is highly spot on.

The new RX has 4 engine configurations. Toyota may re-use the same config for the Tacoma.

Could be but RX does not tow usually or haul payload.

Literally my first thought: “So it’s a Pro-4x Frontier?”

That dude, who always changes his story? Lmao

Nope, dude aint credible, as he’s speculating from what I keep being told. I don’t know why other guys trust him, because allegedly he just copies what incognito insiders post on future models and merely guesses in addition, to butter up his feed for da gullible clicks.

This is the same guy who couldn’t figure out when the new Tacoma and 4Runner were coming, despite seeing a few elusive types correct him in the YT comments. Plus that notable insider posting this in some places.

On a 4R forum, source there keeps saying he’s wrong.

Source in Detroit (Texan too) says this dude is not to be trusted outside of his own expertise regarding engineering concepts, during his time at Toyota. That’s all he’s good for and allegedly knows nothing new compared to real insiders about secret product planning info.

He’s just winging it and frontin, so I definitely won’t watch his stuff lol.

I trust a seasoned engineer currently working on future models. As well as Toyota dealer GMs/ principals and middlemanagement staff who’ve been shown these vehicles to detail in secrecy, unlike this AP dude on the outside looking in at the former house (Toyota) he used to occupy.

The Tacoma will have 4 engines, with one being a flagship exclusive in the Pro from the RX500h Performance. The new TX500h has that engine too and so does the '23 Crown and 2025 Camry too. My inside guy is really accurate, but way more low-key for some reason and doesn’t vlog.

I don’t know if Toyota will offer the Lex NX350 and Highlander base engine in the Tacoma, but it sounds like they won’t. Just the uptuned hybrid spec in the Pro and base trucks get old 4 cyl still. So two new engines from other vehicles, probably for reliability.

Maybe if Nissan weren’t so unoriginal like everyone else lol. Toyota’s had this look for 3 1/2 decades.

Smart example, because that’s what’s happening. I don’t trust anyone’s opinion on Yt, they just copy each other and are too unoriginal. Toyota wants to beat GM and Ford, so they want to offer variety and cover all bases.

Yota did this with the last real redesign in the 2000s. Phoned it in on the current truck, but only because the 2000s truck was so good (or good at fooling truck fans). Now it’s too old.

Some “real” pics have been teased that seem to confirm the look of the truck based on the patent filings

1 Like

It’s just a mini Tundra

I like what I see so far. Should be a great seller, as usual.

Til they drill the gas tank

lolol

I think they only do that in CA. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: