2024 Toyota Prius lease and buy out advice with $4500 lease cash credit

There are some credit unions that consider anything under 1500 (or other similar arbitrary mileage amount) a new car for loan purposes.

2 Likes

Ok, to summarize your post-this is what you need to do:

1. Start looking for a loan to buy out the lease, loans are usually good for 90 days or so, some will consider this a NEW car
  2. If the $4500 is still available when car is delivered-SIGN A LEASE it will be cheaper than just buying the car…
  3. When Toyota Financial establishes your account in the first month-ask them for a buy out quote or you may be able to do this online
  4. Enjoy the car

Your lease should look something like this:

Wow thanks everyone so much for all your help in this forum. And big thanks @BYGFEET. One thing when I do this should I mentioned to sales about this strategy. I hope more people to use this loophole whey they buy the new Prius prime.

It wont do you any good to discuss it with the dealer

2 Likes

NO, don’t mention to dealer that you plan to buy out right away-they may confuse you with BS. (like: you need to keep the lease for 3-4 months etc, so they can get their bonuses or what not) unless you really want to help them out-buy it out after the 3rd month :+1:

EDIT: Here’s a link to check some loan rates, most are in the 6%+ rates

1 Like

Thanks. So in my case I should just apply for new car loan even it’s buy it out?

You should talk to the bank youre using to see if the new car rates or used car rates would apply for them.

3 Likes

So for the Toyota lease buy out do I need to pay all 36 monthly payments? For the break down monthly payment that include the rent charge and interest charges right? Do I need to pay both? How does this works? Thanks.

No, you pay the early buyout amount, which doesn’t include unearned rent charge. Your immediate buyout is roughly the adjusted capitalized cost on the lease contract plus tax.

Thanks. I am confused someone mentioned I have to pay all 36 monthly payment.

Was it the dealer? Dealers give incorrect info in regards to this all the time.

No in reddit they said I have obligation to pay the remaining monthly payment. So after first week I can contact TFS to get buy out amount? What’s the breakdown for buy in out amount? Residual value plus all the fees excluding the monthly payment? Thanks for clarification.

You’re responsible for the adjusted lease balance plus buyout fee and any applicable taxes. The adjusted lease balance is essentially the adjusted cap cost minus the depreciation portion of any payments made.

For a quick approximation, your immediate buyout in the first month is basically the adjusted capitalized cost as listed on the contract plus tax.

2 Likes

I need some help with this i am in Bay area. Can someone help with their experience if they leased and did buyout . i reserved a car for MSRP ( prius prime) + accessories which is not much.

When is your car deliver? I am still waiting for my car to be delivered. I put a deposit last July still waiting…Once my car deliver, I am going to do the lease buyout.

they say between Feb 12th and March 5th, i deposited only first week of Jan, i am amazed it takes so long for you, i heard some people have to wait 10 months to get MSRP without markup

Have you did the math r we saving anything going lease and then buyout?

My car is arriving this week. How do I pay off the buyout price from TFS? I am looking to get a loan for buyout lease and also thinking of down pay $10,000. Assuming the buyout price is $45,000 how do I arrange the payment to TFS? Send out a two separate check one from my own and other from my credit union? Or should I just put a large down payment when I sign the lease and that will reflect as down payment on my buyout contract?

Sorry it’s my first time so I just want to know which way is the best move for me. Thanks for your help.

Texans can easly can afford and pay double tax on lease and then purchase it while they do NOT have personal income tax.