2024 Subaru Legacy Limited. What’s an “Upfront Fee”?

@max_g
Drive-offs should be ~$1500. The DMV fee was less $ when he offered 5% off than when he sent his original offer through w/ $0 off. Don’t know why, but i wouldn’t complain if it was even lower w/ -12%

1st mo: $350
License Fee: 462 (amount @ 5% off MSRP)
CA tire fee: 8.75
Doc fee 85
Electronic filing: 29
Acquisition: 595

And @drdvrgs, I did reach out to SOA 2 nights ago. They took my info & said I’d get a call in 2 days. I have not heard, so will call them tomorrow morning.

1 Like

Is your % off in line with what you’re seeing in Marketplace and Share Deals & Tips for a buyrate deal?

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything posted recently for a Limited.

What about other trims?

Sorry, I meant to say Legacy. This is a Limited trim, but the vast majority I’ve seen for sale all have the moon roof/nav package added on to it. (It does not appear that this one is very popular.) Though I don’t even see those in Marketplace or the Deals section. They’re mostly for other models.

No idea if this has the moonroof package or not, and I know nothing about this broker:

I suspect you might be asking for too much off, but if you can wait to see what they say…

1 Like

Hopefully this helps others in the future:

The dealer accepted my proposal of 12% off MSRP (and the actual MF, not their original .00050 markup). So looks like that’s a possibility (or close to it) for others trying to work a better deal than their original @ MSRP or 5% off. We also got a $500 Loyalty Coupon from Subaru (I called Subaru directly, and she said it worked if your last lease was through Subaru, so Chase Bank, and the new one was as well).

I asked for the dealer to send the contract by that afternoon so we could look it over to help speed things up when we picked the car up that night (and also so I could see it in writing before bringing in the Loyatly Coupon). He only sent part of a screen shot, said they were busy that night, and could send the rest in the morning so we didn’t have to wait & we could p/u then.

Next morning, we got a text saying that they canceled the deal & “were moving in a different direction”. When I spoke to them, the reasons kept changing & they were tripping over their made-up excuses as I was able to remind them of the actual chain of events as they occurred. (One of the reasons being that us asking for the numbers to be sent was too much work because everyone else comes in to discuss them, so I countered w/: what did you do during Covid?)

LESSON LEARNED!! In the future, if a dealer is remotely shady about sending the numbers, delaying responses, acting like the add-ons are required (which we knew they are not), etc, MOVE ON! And if they accept a good offer (for us), we’re walking in the door 20 minutes later before they take it back. I have not experienced anyone accepting a deal then going back on it. Also, when I offered the -12%, he said it looked like that’d work, but only if we gave them perfect reviews when we got the survey from Subaru. Wow, I know! How about you actually offer great service instead of making it part of your negotiating tool?!

At the end of the day, I’m certain they sold the vehicle (that we ordered in April) to someone else that night because it has yet to be on their website for sale.

And now the search continues. Sheesh!

1 Like

Probably not a bad idea, esp when it’s an aggressive offer.

Hope you are able to find the car you want at the price you want!