2024 Kia EV9 Specs Potentially Leaked ahead of Debut This Year

This is luxury car territory man…

The GT-Line is quite posh. Soft touch materials everywhere, powered everything including second and third folding, dual moonroofs. It’s too nice to let children inside lol. It’s not far off from the X5 I test drove a few weeks ago. $73K minus $7500 lease credit is close to a top trim Grand Highlander Hybrid Max but the EV9 range is terrible.

1 Like

The powered folding seats is a big negative. I saw the EV9 in person and they were so damn slow at folding that they’re practically unusable. I’d much prefer manual folding seats to those.

Oh they were horrible for sure but having them is a luxury checkbox item

I think I would pick the Land trim. Kia definitely needs to bump the battery to 110 kWh IMO. It’s a brick on wheels.

Just curious, what do you see in the Land trim that makes it $6k more valuable to you than the Wind trim? The 20" wheels on the Land actually seem like a negative due to the range hit the car takes due to it.

It’s also annoying that the trim determines whether you get 6 seats or 7 seats. That should be an option available on all trim levels.

360 camera, premium audio, heated steering etc

Wind trim is very basic.

Isn’t X5e similar price to this?

X5e is PHEV and doesn’t have a 3rd row. It’s not really a proper comparison to the Kia EV9.

3 Likes

Trim differences

1 Like

Anyone reserve one?

Can any of the SoCal Kia brokers help with a reservation?

@Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto you doing msrp for reservations? I know the time frame is YMMV so I could see you not wanting to take this lead

Im not a fan of the book things at MSRP well ahead of time game anymore. People end up flaking most of the time so its a waste

3 Likes

You’re gonna likely have to go out of state into a smaller market. I’m seeing so many people getting quoted $5k+ markups in larger metro areas.

I can get at msrp in NY

1 Like

I am patient. I can wait until they build the 2025 models in Georgia.

I tried to do the reservation just to see the colors and options… interestingly enough, the lowest priced Light trim was not available to reserve.

I waited 2 model years to get the I5 (was also looking at the EV6) so I think there will be good lease deals on the EV9 in about 18 months to 2 years.

2 Likes

Yup, you’d be mad to dive in now, unless you REALY need a 3 row electric SUV

The Hyundai version can’t be long, the Volvo will be doing the rounds, Rivian will have likely upped production and of course they’ll be a tonne of EQS sloshing around the used market!

2 Likes

Everyone WANTS a 3-row (EV or ICE)… even if they don’t “need” one. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just reserved one, just like the EV6, Wind AWD is a great value trim. Assuming Kia passes on the $7.5k with the lease, these things should be the Model Y of 3-row SUVs.

I think 360 cam should be standard on these large SUVs.

Have to go up to Land for that. :frowning:

3 Likes

It looks like the reservation system just forwards you blindly to a dealer. How did you find one that isn’t going to add any markup? All the Kia dealers around me will be adding ADM…

1 Like