2024 Audi Q4 E-Tron 50 Premium+ Deal/Question

, , ,

Apologies if I am doing this wrong. I am reading through many many posts and threads but am still a 61 yo newbie lol…

Trying to lease an EV. Have seen the unicorn deals on Q8 e-Trons, but so far have not been able to figure out how to get such a deal, let alone a simple one such as a Q4.

I am using the calculator, and calling dealers. I looked up the incentives and MFs/RVs in the Rate Findr. To be honest: I have no idea if I am doing things correctly.

Even linking the calculator results is a mystery!

Been to, called, emailed, texted every dealer I can find in NYC area. As far south as Maryland. I can get a lot to talk turkey, but incentives change and I feel like I lost out on Costco’s deal, so may be DOA…

7% off MSRP on a 2024 is so far about the best I am getting.

I have a lease ending on 12/3 with Subaru (2020 Outback Limited XT, 28k miles with a small tear in bumper due to someone hitting my car in a parking lot. Very small, 2" tear.) Some dealers offering me “equity”, some offering to take off my hands. I filed a claim to fix but the $500 deductible and loss of time dealing with repair has me ‘shopping’ this as a trade too.

The dealer with the unit I have in this calculator is telling me, and I’m quoting her: “based off 7% off + your equity (only $1,500 now) your payments with $5,300 down ($3,300 plus the extra $2,000 to offset the $3,500 loss of rebate) payments would $562 with CT tax”.

I have entered what she is telling me into this calculator but her payment and the calculator’s is off y around $90/mo. (Her payment is higher.)

Is she marking up something I can’t ‘see’? Nuances like MSDs are way over my head at this point, as I just wanted to see if she was being honest! (I have sent her the calculator results.)

Trying to understand how to keep dealers honest. I have seen posts with detailed contracts. I will ask her for one tomorrow. I even tried contacting a couple of brokers here, but so far haven’t been lucky with them.

Sorry for being soooo long winded. Do not know how else to put all of this into a post without explaining my situation. Thanks for any help on this car.

FWIW: I am shopping this car against a Volvo XC40 Twin Recharge Ultimate. The interior of the Audi seems ‘better’, but the Volvo is fast and maybe fun.

https://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Audi&miles=10000&msrp=64070.00&sales_price=59585&months=36&mf=0.00248&msd=0&dp=5300.00&dealer_fee=0&acq_fee=895&disp_fee=495&taxed_inc=10300&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=57&reg_fee=0&sales_tax=7.75&demo_mileage=0&memo=&tradein=1500.00&fin_sp=59585&fin_taxed_fee=0&fin_untaxed_fee=0&fin_term=60&fin_apr=6.99&fin_dp=35000&fin_rebate=2500&fin_ps_rebate=0&keep_term=60&exp_rv=0&monthlyTax_radio=true&cap_tax=true&bmw_demo_25=true&lvf_result_mode=true

What are you seeing in Share Deals & Tips and Marketplace ?

Don’t forget to find out the highest bid for your trade

1 Like

Formulate a target deal (lots of data points for Q4/Q8 Eat Rons in Marketplace and Share Deals) and then make the lowest offer you believe the market will support.

Test drives aside, there’s no reason to be in contact with a dealer except to make an offer.

1 Like

Hi max_g (is there a way to actually put your username in here so you see my reply?),

Thanks for responding. To answer the “What are you seeing in…”

I saw a 7% off So Cal Q4 deal that was better than mine. The deal was posted and I had cut and pasted that in a text to the dealer in NJ I am ‘dealing’ with. She told me Costco “gone”, and the California deals are better than NJ/NY/CT. But I did ‘see’ that deal. It is at the top of the page on “Share Deals & Tips”. (Wish I knew how to cut and paste these subforums like you :slight_smile:

The marketplace for NE as of a day ago was pretty lean, but I will look again.

I have tried to ‘shop’ my ‘trade’, and will revisit this. I thought I looked closely at the link you provided, and even filled out the form on this site for my trade too. (Got a low low offer though.)

Thanks for the suggestions. Really appreciate the help!

Right. I’m trying. Even ‘building a target deal’ has been confusing using the tools here. I’ll keep at it though. I posted my cry for help after a first try on the calculator. (I was having trouble seeing the thing, but after updating some Adobe software on my MacBook the calculator is fine now).

Filter Marketplace threads based on your location and add an Audi tag.

Here’s an offer for 9% pre-incentive on a Q4 Eat Ron. Takes just a few seconds to open up a thread and see what’s inside.

1 Like

I know you will not believe me, but I have spent quite a bit of time looking at this section and posts. I contacted two of the brokers too. Just didn’t succeed. Not giving up! Thank you for reminding me to do the basics. Easy to miss the obvious, especially as a newbie…

I must be misunderstanding where you’re stuck.

1 Like

Thanks for trying to help. I’m just overwhelmed at bit. Probably ought to have just kept it to myself :slight_smile:

I thought by posting what I had in the calculator someone might be able to tell me what I was doing wrong (in the calculator) to get the $90 or so difference in payments…

I did follow up on your linked Autocompanion.com lead, thanks. I tried two other brokers but struck out with them, so had given up on the broker route, but after you sent that link I gave the a shot also.

Just one journey of a confused old fool. Sorry all!

Thanks again for trying to help trism.

It can be a lot to take in.

It’s perilous to try to reverse engineer your calculator since we don’t have a deal sheet to compare it with (is the 7% really pre-incentive? are you getting buy rate on the MF? Are they including anything else in the quote like Audi Care or window tinting?

Maybe just take a step back and forget you have any quotes. You know 9% pre-incentive is possible, so model a deal based on that, with your incentives and buy-rate MF.

Take a stab and post the link by clicking the “Share Your Numbers” button and then pasting the URL into this thread.

Screenshot 2023-11-19 at 9.28.22 AM

2 Likes

To tag a username, use “@“ such as @olindacat

To link a sub forum, use “#” such as Marketplace

1 Like

@trism

You are sooooo nice. Thank you.

I will start again. Get a ‘deal sheet’ to attach to this post also. I did reach out to two brokers for help too.

You and @max_g have just been great!

Thank you both so much.

1 Like

What do you mean by this? Do they not have the inventory you are looking for? Are you not getting responses? If so, are you contacting them the proper way? Instructions to contact are generally in their first posts.

Props for putting in the effort and taking the advice given.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.