2023 VW Arteon Lease

Even if you adjust the mileage to 10k miles, the A6 is the better value. The A6 Premium might not have the surround view camera, ventilated front seats or upgraded sound system like the Arteon, but I would take it any day over the VW.

3 Likes

I will eat my helping of crow, you are correct

1 Like

@Bluemkn57cars The quote I posted above is Moonstone Grey with black interior. It’s my second choice but here in Socal not much of choices. Very limited availability of choices. My first choice is actually Kingfisher Blue Metallic with
Stone/Raven interior and R-Line SEL Premium trim. I could not locate this combo anywhere around here. So I’d just go with the Moonstone Grey. Actually with Moonstone Grey my first interior choice is also
Stone/Raven there isn’t one available around here. So I’d just settle with the black interior, it’s not too big of a deal to me.

@yokotrain I know it isn’t apples to apples, but have you considered the Golf R? You won’t get the same discount but with a strong RV it might lease similarly…I haven’t done the hw tho just speculation as Id probably purchase the R if anything.

To cut through the some of the BS that’s been brought up in this thread, are you absolutely set on the Arteon???

If yes, understand depreciation (any ICE with an RV in the 40% range is bad!). To get a “good” deal on this your discount needs to be much more than 12% (your current deal). The Arteon is the successor to the Volkswagen CC. Back in the day, VW was willing to discount them in the 20+% range. That was the ONLY way to make any lease stomach-able.

If no, leasing will NEVER be a nice number compared to an A5 SB. If sedans such as the A4, 3 series and C-Class are a consideration, they will likely be wildly cheaper.

Why not finance a CPO! Here’s a 2023 with low miles, and qualifies for a subvented interest rate:
https://www.lithiarenovw.com/certified/Volkswagen/2023-Volkswagen-Arteon-reno-nv-d50388de0a0e08345d414faa0a48cefb.htm

1 Like

In the words of @IAC, the A4 is… " …a car we have to settle someone into after getting priced out of something else."

I want to know if he considers the Arteon something else, or if the Arteon is worse than a A4 haha.

Good find on that Kingfisher Blue Arteon. I agree if OP is ok with CPO and the interest rate is subvented, that car makes more sense even with shipping to SoCal. And it’s his target color combo.

1 Like

I think you meant to tag yokotrain not me.

1 Like

Update from the dealer:

After some deliberation with their GM, they can offer another $1,000 off MSRP as their bottom line.

This would make the payment $711 plus tax per month with everything else being the same.

2023 Arteon SEL Premium R-Line AWD

MSRP: $52,816
Discount: -$7,500
Drive off: $1,550 - $500 down = $1,050
Selling Price: $46,366
Term: $36 months 10k miles per year
Due at Signing: $500
Monthly Payment: $711 plus tax

How about an Audi A5 instead? Better car and less money. I modified some of the downpayment options for @nyclife deal. You won’t find anyone on this site recommending that you lease an Arteon. Others have already told you as much, but you seem set on it. See A5 framework…

Not sure if this was ever answered?

1 Like

@yokotrain , hopefully you can take a look at that CPO Arteon that @TS98 linked above. There aren’t many times the exact vehicle someone wants (Kingfisher-Blue/black Premium R-Line) is available as a gently used CPO so close-by. This could save you a lot of money, plus there should be room to haggle down on that CPO.

I think it has, if only indirectly.

Dear god they want $700 for a leftover Arteon?

Ask yourself if you know anyone who wants one of these for $700 a month or for $47k

Does anyone want these, period? Toyota sold more Mirai than VW sold Arteon, and that’s a car that can’t be filled up half the time. That should tell you all you need to know about leverage in this negotiation

1 Like

I saw one on the road yesterday, and they still look fantastic (at least to my eye). But can’t help but to agree with Max. The discount needs to be much stronger IMO. Many better options at that price.

1 Like

The problem here is that most VW dealers with remaining 2023 Arteons are not discounting these by much. I guess, they don’t want to sell them.

EDIT: This might be one of the better deals (discount off MSRP without mandatory add-ons) I have seen in a while on an Arteon.

Is that true though? I wonder if these prices are accurate?

If those prices are accurate, I interpret it as, “GET THESE DISASTERS OFF MY LOT IMMEDIATELY!”.

EDIT: On second examination, perhaps you’re right. They’re not that far off from what OP posted.

2 Likes

I recall chatting with one guy on another forum about an Arteon. He had reached out to a dealer in TX who was advertising $10k off MSRP. After calling the dealer and talking to someone, they had non-negotiable add-ons that decreased the discount by more than half. So there might be some bait and switch with some of these ads, but I don’t have time to look into this further.

3 Likes

My local VW dealership is advertising $8,000 off their remaining stock. My market is usually not competitive compared to CA. A quick search in SoCal, I found one with a $10k discount. I think 20% off is possible.

**With such low RVs, the lease will still likely be high compared to other makes/models.

Disclaimer:

*All advertised prices plus government fees and taxes, finance charges, dealer document processing charge, electronic filing charge, and emission testing charge. MSRP does not include dealer added options. All vehicles subject to prior sale. See dealer for details.

MSRP subject to factory adjustments due to supply conditions. While great effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, errors do occur so please verify information with a customer service rep. This is easily done by calling us at (949) 382-7050 or by visiting us at the dealership.

OP is looking for a specific trim and color combo. What does the disclaimer say in the screenshot you posted?

1 Like

Yeah the dude really wants the 360 camera, massaging seats, and ventilated seats. And I’m still not sure why everyone spending so much time talking him out of the car. Optimizing the deal I can understand, but choice of vehicle seems to hone in on personal tastes which won’t be very productive.

Also, I don’t really know what other cars have all these premium features at the price point. I’m not familiar enough with the Audi lineup, but even a A4 Premium Plus S Line 45 doesn’t seem to have the massaging seats as standard.

I just don’t see a 18% discount happening unless it’s a demo/loaner, at which the same issue with the CPO you found could arise. Maybe OP just doesn’t like gently used.

Edit @yokotrain , if you are set on a new car and have a deal that you like, it won’t hurt to try and get the VW in Cathedral City (Palm Springs) to match on their blue one that is your first color preference.

https://www.vwofpalmsprings.com/inventory/new-2023-volkswagen-arteon-2-0t-sel-premium-r-line-awd-4d-sedan-wvwtr7an3pe016471/

1 Like