2023 Toyota Prius

And it’s definitely not the same person who designed the new Crown :nauseated_face:

Where do I sign?!

Supposedly, the plug it will get 40 to 50 Miles of electric. If that’s the case they will sell out like many Toyotas now do.

1 Like

You are right. I missed the increase in electric range. Will make a great option for city driving.

1 Like

how does it work to get one of these, call a local dealer and ask to be put on a list?

Still no EV version. It’s the 2020s already! :slight_smile:

Still, my contention that Tesla’s are really the ‘new’ Prius is solidifying…with now Prius catching up!

Never thought I’d be swooning over a Prius and here we are. More MPG and more power.

1 Like

I think for a Prius it looks great. Wouldn’t mind getting one.

Unless you have access to a free public charger (or I guess you have solar), isn’t the gas version significantly cheaper to drive?

has there been any info on release date as of yet? can’t find anything concrete online.

All Toyota has said is “the price and on-sale date of the exciting, all-new 2023 Prius will be announced later this year.”

well i guess we’ll find out in a few weeks then.

Looks like

• LE: $27,450
  • LE AWD: $28,850
  • XLE: $30,895
  • XLE AWD: $32,295
  • Limited: $34,465
  • Limited AWD: $35,865
    Plus destination fees.

Headroom looks to smaller than the outgoing model.

It’s getting pricier - but I guess so is everything. Given the enthusiasm for this redesign, I think the dealer ‘blessings’ will be on the high side for a while.

I was never a hater of the previous design, it was different and I always love a practical ‘hatchback’. I just hated the interior, the featherlight doors and overall cheapy/tinny feel it had. It looks like this new gen has fixed at least some of that and how often do we get a new generation with a 100hp bump! Definitely interested in a Prime if and when the ‘blessings’ calm down.

1 Like

From Alex on Auto, HP is solid but weak on torque, which is surprising for a car with an electric motor.

any pricing or stats on the plug in model as of yet?

someone told me today that people have already started ordering the 23’s but i can’t seem to find any info online about dealers ordering or availability. anyone have any news on this?

Some dealers have already gotten allocations for the 2023 Prius.

1 Like

Are they limiting them to certain states? I called everyone in the area and no one is getting deliveries or doing orders.