2023 Outback & Legacy Stop-Sale due to Starlink SOS issue

Only affects 2023 Outback and Legacy, recently delivered units being recalled. Subaru is continuing to ship finished units to dealers under stop-sale because their Indiana storage lots are full. Software fix expected in 30 days.

Friendly reminder the ~250 Soltera EVs were not delivered back in June due to recall and are still on stop-sale.

1 Like

Should have kept your XC60. Can you ship it back from NC? lol
(before Ian gets there)

1 Like

The XC60 already made it to SC (thanks Ben!) and my Outback is a 2022 so no recall.

But given what’s still going on, two of Subaru’s biggest sellers on stop-sale is no bueno.

Eta for fix is currently October 7th

Heard from someone that said it’s now a hardware issue. Anyone hear that yet? Said it was in the sales report that came out yesterday from SOA.

Canadian customers are reporting in some cases the stop sale is lifted and deliveries have restarted, none in the US. The rumors I saw were an issues with AT&T provisioning the in-car radios on the network. Nothing else in the public domain I can confirm.

1 Like

I’m waiting on my 2023 Outback as well.

I was told yesterday by the salesman that the fix is done and a part is being shipped. He said his service manager expects it to be there within a week but no later than Oct. 18th.

1 Like

Wickliffe Ohio

To be fair, I was told that there is a software update as well.

Hear any updates? I called SOA and they had no updates and ZERO information. The rep just said “well you know they can’t let this go on much longer”-not helpful!

Hearing in a few cases it’s hardware, in most cases software, the delay is rolling out the software fix OTA. I just got my notice yesterday for an OTA fix on my 2022 they started rolling out months ago. There is a very long thread on the Outback forums, most complaining like you are about inconsistent messaging.

If you think this is bad, be glad you didn’t buy one of the first few hundred Solterras.

https://www.subaruoutback.org/threads/deposit-on-2023-now-on-hold-sale-status-because-of-starlink-issue.547543/post-6297179

• New cars off the line are fixed. Subaru dealers can now check which vins are affected
  • Depending on which sound system you have, there are 2 different replacement parts
  • At least 3000 cars on stop sale, at or en route to dealers that need to be fixed
  • Each dealer is getting 1 of each replacement part to start. Once they have parts it’s a 0.6h fix

I expect this to go on until early Q1, but maybe they’ll impress us. It only took 16 days to write up a plan and start shipping parts…

As of 11/9/22, my Outback Onyx (2.5L) with standard audio package has been stuck at the dealership for a full month. Parts for this recall have been coming in - but they’ve yet to ship any of what is needed for my car with no ETA other than daily updates of “we expect it any day now.” Based in Raleigh, NC and this is my first Subaru experience - and something I was VERY excited about, but 30+ days of waiting for a car I can walk up to and see but not take home. Take a look at my Magntetite gray on the new 23 styling - I really can’t wait to bring it home.

1 Like

I doubt it will make you feel better, but the Solterra stop sale has been longer and lacking in communication.

Lots of reports that people who get the fix and deliver their cars still have a Starlink issue within a week where it won’t connect. Hopefully by the time you get it, it will be fixed-fixed.

Or if you want a 2022 with low miles instead, PM me :wink:

getting rid of it already?!

When I find a replacement. I’ve been shopping for 2 months. As someone who has had 3 lemons, there is nothing wrong with this car, I just want something more exciting.

1 Like

If you are not already on Outback forums, definitely recommend signing up. You may want to read the thread about the standard audio in the Onyx and possible upgrades.

2018 M550 with 29,000 miles? I’m bored too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Buying a subscription for CarPlay on an almost 5 year old head unit is a pass. When are you swapping that error for a Panamera Turbo?

No regrets based on what I spent.

You know it takes me three years to pick out a car, so you have some time if you have a change of heart.

I’m halfheartedly looking at 911s again (Panamera is on the short list when it’s time to replace my other car).

What’s on your short list for a replacement, since the topic here is Soobahrew?