2023 Nissan Pathfinder SL Prem l $48.9k MSRP l $8375 One pay ($465/ month)

This. I don’t tag inbound cars without a hard commitment. If it sells to someone else because a client is jollylagging around and not completing next steps, it sells.

8 Likes

Actually I tried to work with the dude and stay with him. I tried two different times to pick a different car bc timeline kept getting pushed. Broker wasn’t willing to consider a different car. Sry to bust ur bubble

I would have been willing to give a deposit. My intention was to take this car and if I had put a deposit I would have not looked back truthfully. I would be doing myself a disservice if I didn’t push myself to get a better deal.

I agree with your sentiments at the end with lallygagging of which I didn’t do any. My intent was to take the car when talking to him. His deal kept getting delayed and I was getting sick of waiting . It’s plain and simple. But at the end of the day the drama is over, I got my car and came out with new understanding.

This seems fishy, you had the broker do all the heavy lifting so you could get the best gauge of what was achievable then you tried to under bid it with other dealers as if you already got the deal. People use a broker so they don’t have to go through the ordeal of negotiating with dealers and understand especially in this market the broker fee covers the back and forth and headache you experience at the dealership.

Since you didn’t pay an upfront fee, you did not feel obligated to move forward but everything you said here implys the broker did everything to get it to the finish line and you decided to under cut and snake through a better deal while using his deal as reference.

6 Likes

Yeah. I’m on the broker side here. He got played.

4 Likes

hey @brokers - use this thread as a warning as to what OP will aim to do the next time he comes around looking for a car. he will lock in a deal, then head directly into your dealer to negotiate it downward some more. he is not interested in your service - he will try to play you off against your + other dealers. he either doesn’t understand how this service works, doesn’t care, or both. choose your clients carefully before you use any of your relationships on them. going forward, i certainly will. and i’m not at all interested in any of his “referrals”. they’ll be the same thing as him. hard pass.

12 Likes

that’s exactly what he did, to a t.

yes, i’m very salty. had numerous non-LH people looking for this exact spec (on a deal that would have made far more than this), but i didn’t want to sell the car out from under OP. that would have been a scumbag thing to do.

6 Likes

If the point of this thread wasn’t to bash the broker … - what was the point of even mentioning the broker?

8 Likes

Read the thread. I never did. The broker called himself out.

It’s funny bc I tried to stay with you and work with you. I asked you many times to try to figure something out. I made it aware that if we could work something else id be open. I don’t know how much more clear you need it or u just didn’t give a shit.

I did start with a broker here who i was working with for 4-5 weeks and felt hot and cold about the deal.

You could have avoided all the backlash in this thread by excluding this bit.

Why keep talking with the broker if you didn’t want the car?

8 Likes

I didn’t. You locked in an inbound car. If you didn’t want it, you should have said that and moved on. I don’t care that you didn’t take my car. I’m pissed that you tied up a car I could have made more money on. You’re missing the point here - i operated in good faith by keeping the car with your name on it, rather than selling it off of LH for a lot more profit. You didn’t.

6 Likes

And when I was upset about the first push and asked for an alt, don’t you think it would have been advantageous to suggest or figure an alternative.

No. You locked in an inbound unit. That was it. My work was done up to its arrival. If you didn’t want it, you should have said so and moved on. I don’t care about you not taking the unit, again. I care more about the fact that you tied up a very desirable unit for a month.

4 Likes

At the end of the day u think I wronged you, I think I tried to save it. Let’s agree to disagree and go from there.

You’re a scumbag. The entire community of brokers here, many of whom offer incredibly good deals, know what kind of client you are, and they’ll actively go out of their way to avoid dealing with you. If you think texting me “no hard feelings, I’ll still send people your way” is an acceptable response, think again. I want nothing to do with you or the :rat: that you would send my way.

18 Likes

The point of the post was to share a deal or seek validation from others on why you didn’t pay the broker?

4 Likes

People use brokers numbers here to try and negotiate their own deals all the time. Afterall, this isn’t really a forum for us, but for people seeking information to get the best deal.

You could have just used his advertised pricing without contacting and wasting his time to get your own deal. But you didn’t, you locked one in to know what price is possible then shopped it around on your own, including to his very dealer. Cars get delayed all the time, I’m sure he didn’t say it’ll be in on some exact date, bc we don’t know that on inbound units.

You only got this deal bc of the work the broker did to push his dealers for the best price possible. If you can’t see that then there are hard feeling. If there’s no hard feelings then that text should come with, I’ll pay your fee for the work you did for me since I used your information and time to get the deal I’m bragging about.

25 Likes