2023 Nissan Ariya Venture+ $48,xxx MSRP. $70/m for NJ ? Is this real? What did I calculate wrong?

Hi Zenek,

I’m living in NJ and looking for a first vehicle for me.
Could you provide me with the dealership info if you don’t mind?
Zip: 07020

Thank you!

ALL

PLEASE NOTE THAT This dealer is NOT FAMILIAR AND NOT doing 0% SALES TAX FOR NJ REGISTRATIONS.

sounds like a very reputable dealer who knows how to do its job.

2 Likes

LOL
Believe it or not but 6 hours of driving to NJ border there are people that haven’t heard abot NO sales tax in NJ for EV cars. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Edit
4.15pm
!!!SOLD!!!

Got this offer 10 minutes ago.
Not sure, but sounds like we overpaid $90/m for Ariya yesterday. LOL
For 10k miles it should be around $190/m
This is crazy
If the dealer will accept NJ No sales tax it will be like $50/m car!!!
MSRP $48,×××

Is this real?
@michael do You see this?

3 Likes

I haven’t run the numbers but it doesn’t seem worth taking a hit on the RV for higher annual mileage allowance (12k, 15k) at signing since NMAC SignatureFLEX Lease allows buying additional miles during the lease term at $.10/mile.

You can find more details via link below:
https://www.nissanusa.com/finance/car-buying-leasing-options.html

3 Likes

I have asked for 10k miles a year.
Maybe due to deep discount they are seeing negative depreciation. Did not have a chance to run the numbers yet. Sunday. LOL.

For 18 months, 12k gives 3,000 more miles and 15k gives 7,500 more miles vs. 10k.

12k: 3,000 * $0.10 = $300
15k: 7,500 * $0.10 = $750

The difference in residual vs. 10k is 2% for 12k and 3% for 15k.
So on the difference in depreciation, for 12k buy as you go is less for any MSRP over $300/.02 = $15,000.
For 15k buy as you go is less for any MSRP over $750/.03 = $25,000.

Breakeven would actually be at a slightly higher MSRP because a lower residual lowers the rent charge, but it would still be at an MSRP well below any of the Ariya MSRPs.

But if the discount is pushing the cap cost below the residual, going with more miles is an easy solution to keep the discount and get the extra miles for essentially free.

1 Like

That’s not a thing, the dealer can’t keep that money for themselves. Methinks this deal doesn’t fund or you’ll get a check for the tax

In NY we pay sales tax upfront.
The sales tax info is on itemized cost.

I walked into a dealer in central CT today and took a test drive. It was a weird experience.

Salesperson never introduced themselves, never asked my name, never asked for any contact info, didn’t provide a business card, etc…

They had several on the lot. We went for a test drive, took an Engage e-4orce out. It had 10 miles on the odometer, so it’s not getting much attention.

Came back from the drive, salesperson didn’t invite me back inside the dealership, didn’t ask me any questions, just said thanks and left us in the parking lot.

:person_shrugging:

I haven’t bought a car in 20 years, and I know things are different, but I was expecting at least a little attempt to sell me something.

I’m ready to lease one, just need to find a dealer who wants to actually sell one.

1 Like

At any point during the interaction or test drive did you discuss pricing, leasing expectations, etc? If so, perhaps your expectations didn’t align with what this dealership is looking to accomplish and they just wanted to cut bait. In that case they probably did you a favor.

Did you make that clear to the dealer? Sounds like you gave the appearance of someone who was just kicking tires and they took you at face value.

Yeah, perhaps we both misread each other’s intent, but I was pretty clear from the moment I walked in what I was looking to do.

I may go back tomorrow and give it another go.

I am in NY so well aware how that works I still don’t think they can keep it, perhaps @mllcb42 would know

I would expect the contract to not fund.

1 Like

Itemized costs.

There’s really no point in going back there physically. If you are interested, call or email the sales manager and work out a deal using the data points available here. Going back in person to talk is a bad idea without a deal in hand or your ducks all lined up in a row.

5 Likes

I’ve been told onepay is not permitted on the 18mo program. Most Nissan dealers won’t do MSD, but it is allowed. I don’t think you can’t have negative deprecation.

1 Like