2023 MDX Lease or Buying Acura MDX 2020 Lease Worth it?

Your totally right Harry. I haggled my way out of accessories on my mdx 2020 lease at the time.

I can definitely can get an extra $1,000 taken off from the accessories. But hoping I can take off some $2,000 more heading into Feb-March through loyalty and other discounts. Will see.

fly away flying human GIF

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s hard to say. I think now the MDX is overstocked so Acura is pushing an aggressive lease rate. If a few months in they start to produce less MDX and instead focus on RDX we might see the money factor bump up again (again, no one knows for sure) which might end up more expensive even if you are able to get another 2k discount.
My suggestion is to find a dealership that did not have the accessories added and aim for 3-4k discount. There is one dealer on our forum here posted before from DCH Tustin Acura, might want to reach out to them. Or I can suggest you one that I worked with, they might not be the best price but they are very transparent, PM me if interested Iā€™ll connect you.

1 Like

This amount and the payment will move in opposite directions, but this amount on its own has nothing to do with whether a deal is any good, or even whether the amount itself is crazy.

Unless the MF is zero, the more you pay upfront the lower your finance costs (rent charges) and payment will be.

I donā€™t have anything more to add to the admonishments to run or take flight, vs. trying to saw another thou off this deal.

1 Like

Hi all, looks like Acura is running a $1750 loyalty on MDXs. I computed the LeaseHacker Score to a 7.6 on the 2023 MDX Tech Package. its an okay deal i suppose with the current inflationary market. What do you guys think?

MSRP: $55,945 ($1,695 markup from original MSRP of $54,250)
Dealer Cash: $0
Dealer Discount: $2,942.70
SP: $53,000
Monthly Payment: $472 before tax
Incentives: $1750 loyalty
Down/Drive-Off Amount: $5,000 with first payment
Months: 36
Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00146
Residual: 61%

Acura mdxā€™s have markups? check with @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto maybe @Clutch if he does acura?

I donā€™t think thatā€™s really a dealer markup. I think he means things added by Acura above the base MSRP (color, wheels, etc). Or maybe dealer accessories but then that would throw off the residual.

You have the window sticker?

Hi all,

Here are some updates. I was able to get 6.16% off the MSRP on the MDX 2023 Tech Pack FWD working with another dealer in LA. It amounts to still an effective monthly cost of $706 accounting everything inā€¦ not sure I can do better than this with the current situation. I am still inclined to end up buying my current MDX 2020 FWD lease for $26.3K+ tax.

Thoughts?

MSRP: $55,945
Dealer Cash: $0
Dealer Discount: $3,445 (6.16%)
SP: $52,500
Monthly Payment: $514 before tax ($567 with tax)
Incentives: $1,500 loyalty
Down/Drive-Off Amount: $5,567 with first payment
Months: 36
Mileage: 10,000
MF: 0.00129
Residual: $25,411 (58%)
Included Options: None
LeaseHacker Score: 7.3

You didnā€™t factor in the dealer doc fee (just $85) and DMV fees (a few hundreds). Discount is mediocre and I think on techs is possible to push to 4k or even more. Good luck!

Here is how Iā€™d look at. Spend $25k on a new lease and be in the same boat you are in today, or buyout what you have now for $25k and have equity in 3 years. Is the $5k trade equity or our of pocket?

Also, while youā€™re at it get the SH-AWD version. It is much more fun to drive than the FWD version.

1 Like

Yeah, unless the OP really hates their current MDX and is absolutely in love w/ the new MDX, the choice here is pretty clear to me.

15% sounds like a fairy tale lol

MDX is one of the cars where the AWD really makes a difference and is truly worth the cost even if you arenā€™t in a cold weather climate

1 Like

Quick update, I was able to get an 8% off the MSRP working with the original dealership but im still trying to push for 10% as i think there is more wiggling room (this is without equity from the current lease coming to an end)

Is this a car you would lease? or do they hold their value relatively good? @max_g

They hold their value well. And the new design wonā€™t change for like 6+ years.

So owning it for 6 years I bet will come out way ahead of 2 consecutive 36m leases.

2 Likes

@karlz51 what did you wind up doing?

Hi Caffeine and all, the 8% off the MSRP on the Acura MDX 2023 Tech FWD was the max I was able to get working with the 2 dealers in my area. Honestly even with the $1,500 incentives in March at that time I was still not impressed to throw my money at it (and trust me I have the money if I want to get any trim I want).

I am currently in the process of purchasing my MDX 2020 and as others have advised me on the thread, I will likely use it as equity on a potential future financing of an MDX model should I bite for a 2024 or 2025 etc.

Hopefully for those scouting the forums for some hints on how much they can negotiate an MDX, this helps and stops folks from signing terrible leases with dealers. Aim for 8% off the MSRP :wink: folks.

until next time! cia

3 Likes