2023 Kia Forte lease deal, worth it? (Bay area, CA)

I need your help on 2023 Kia forte LX deal, I’ve done quite a bit of research but I feel this quote of $386/mo can be reduced. Please share if you also see the same.

Hope you didnt sign that, that lease quote is terrible.

I can get you way better payment on an Altima or Kona

1 Like

Kia forte has caught my eyes, please share of that car

Kia Forte is your absolute favorite that you wont consider another vehicle? I have never heard that before…

9 Likes

That’s $15k for a 21k car for 3 years.
Why not finance? Kia has pretty low promotional APRs, 2.9% for 48months, 4.49% for 72 months.

1 Like

A broker already gave you an answer OP.

Go with purchase instead like he said, but if you’ve already signed it, enjoy the car!

1 Like

I ran it through a calculator for you with LSX trim which showed 61% residual:

And why do you feel that? Do dealers discount Fortes in your region? Because it’s the only way to improve on that quote, since you get no dealer discount as it stands currently. What did your research show?

lol $15k for a $21k car is captain insano. how about I buy the car and let you use it for 3 years for $14k, deal?

2 Likes

It has almost never made sense to lease in this segment.

You are usually better off financing a Corolla or Civic.

2 Likes

You just made me think about this, and I can’t really come up with any historical lease of a car in this segment that would be considered stellar.

Did you forget about the Chevy Cruz mania? Lol

1 Like

The Cruze was the only exception off the top of my head.

If one were flexible with bodystyle, space and drivetrain then GM also whored out Malibu, Trax/Encore and Bolt for a while.

2 Likes

I would be leasing it only for a year though, without any extra costs. I found that on kia website the quote is for $320 for same specs and lease details. How do they not shoe the same?

How do you plan to get out after a year?

1 Like

I did forget about that one! The one that came to mind first was the encore, but I figured that was more of a small SUV. There of course have been a number of small cheap EVs over the years, but that’s another category entirely.

Yes, Kia did give higher discounts in other leases, like this one

Close the contract, without any costs

An early termination may result in significant charges.

A different model from 2+ years ago isn’t relevant to your deal today.

2 Likes