2023 Kia Forte lease deal, worth it? (Bay area, CA)

The Cruze was the only exception off the top of my head.

If one were flexible with bodystyle, space and drivetrain then GM also whored out Malibu, Trax/Encore and Bolt for a while.

2 Likes

I would be leasing it only for a year though, without any extra costs. I found that on kia website the quote is for $320 for same specs and lease details. How do they not shoe the same?

How do you plan to get out after a year?

1 Like

I did forget about that one! The one that came to mind first was the encore, but I figured that was more of a small SUV. There of course have been a number of small cheap EVs over the years, but that’s another category entirely.

Yes, Kia did give higher discounts in other leases, like this one

Close the contract, without any costs

An early termination may result in significant charges.

A different model from 2+ years ago isn’t relevant to your deal today.

2 Likes

Cruz was one of my choices. Corolla and Civic are the best in terms of reliability and Driving pleasure, totally for it. By heavy analysis I see Kia to be fuel efficient slightly a bit more (45mpg) and 4k less than them of msrp. It does explain for the compact backseats. In terms of the trunk capacity its 15.3.cu ft.

kia forte gets 45mpg???

1 Like

This level of naïveté is a huge red flag.

If you have no idea what’s in a contract, don’t sign it.

2 Likes

It’s said in the contract, in this way it’s cost-efficient ?

When you say close the contract without any costs, are you under the impression that after 1 year, you can just roll up to a kia dealer, toss them the keys, and walk away without money out of pocket?

That’s a different model from 3 years ago. How does this relate to your Forte quote?

There is no 1-year KIA leases AFAIK. Like others said, are you under impression that you’d be able to just return it after a year without any monetary penalties?

I feel that there is some sort of language barrier here. Or…

3 Likes

Correct that’s for other model however I would it give it a try for additional discount. There is no 1 year lease, but I will be moving out of the usa after a year. Would have to close the deal, Kia has agreed for it without affecting the consumer.

Yes, that’s the only way of getting better Forte deal in this case. But from what I’ve seen, dealers don’t really discount KIAs on west coast currently. I’d suggest finding a better leasing candidate. Nissans are leasing pretty well. Getting a better deal on Altima from the beginning would be much easier than to grind KIA dealers for additional 500-1000 discount.

KIA has agreed to forfeit a remainder of a future 3 year contract that you have not signed yet just because you will be moving out of the country? This is the first time I’m hearing something like that. Can you elaborate on how you got this information?

2 Likes

The closest thing i have seen to this is if youre US military and given orders for overseas deployment.

I’m guessing an employee at a dealership told the OP what they wanted to hear.

:rofl::laughing::face_with_hand_over_mouth: Buy a used car

Those who need to work with brokers the most are the ones least likely to know it or be willing to do so.

9 Likes