2023 IRA EV/PHEV Lease Credit "pass-through"

Sorry meant Kia EV6.
I see them available locally at 2% under MSRP.

Does this GT get a tax credit passed thru as a cap cost reduction ?

I havent seen anything suggesting they do, but hyundai just started it with the ioniq 5 in the last day or two, so it may be coming soon.

1 Like

Yes, I noticed Hyundai Ioniq 5 have $7500 cap cost reductions.
Will wait for Kia since they are related companies.

One Hyundai dealer responded and said the $7500 cap reduction was applicable to the Limited but without a written document with numbers in front of me… I’m only 70% believing this person’s statement. lol.

Does anybody know how long BMW USA requires you to make lease payments before you are allowed to buy it out (full term or x amount of months?)

i4-35 seems like a great deal with the $7500 baked into the cap reduction so trying to figure out all the issues that might come up. I’m also in CA so I’m not sure if they tax like TX does from the above example.

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Deal check on 2023 Volvo S60 Recharge Ultimate

id definitely be interested in the limited model with the credit. they seem to be very difficult to find at the moment though.

Yup. I put my name down on a MSRP (and no dealer fee) Ioniq 5 Limited. We will see if this lease cap reduction pass through is legit when it arrives.

I’m guessing MMR for an Ioniq 5 Limited is decent (rare trim) so if I needed to dump it I would not lose my shirt. I do think it’s a great all around EV so being “stuck” with it would be fine :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t know but are you thinking of flipping? I’m interested in the flip but wondering if used prices in ca will be strong enough once sales tax is paid.

This is not a flip If that’s what you’re looking for. Only ones that went through auction recently were factory cars. Last 3 limited’s went for 59k @voxel

1 Like

I found some on lot Ioniq 5 locally but all the dealers are tacking on ADM.

Makes the $7500 pass thru credit a moot point…

Maybe when the Ioniq 6 is about to release, the 5 will go back to MSRP ?

It depends where you are. The problem with EVs in CA is ADM everywhere.

Markups for EVs mostly disappeared in places outside of CA. I do not expect Ioniq 5 markup to lower because of the Ioniq 6 either.

1 Like

California is Blessing Land.

You can get an ID.4 with no markup. Ariya too ,but less available in stock and less consistently.

bZ4X I’m seeing at/below sticker here and there. Less so but possible with Solterra.

2 Likes

Anyone think Chevy is likely to start passing through the credit on leases? Hoping to get a bolt EUV lease.

1 Like

ariya has no federal tax credit though right?

I was looking up the residuals on the ariya over on edmunds, and theyre quite high, but then so is the money factor. which makes it ridiculously expensive.

If Nissan gets some good Leaf-Lease deals on an Ariya… I might get one. I think it’s better than the BusyForex.

i have a leaf right now. i mostly love it but my lease is up in 2 months. trying to figure out what to do. My payment right now is 290. I can buy it out and with 5k down my payment goes up 100 bucks.

Wondering if I can get into a more modern EV for around 400 a month or if I should just buy out what I got.

What are the cheapest EV leases available right now?
Around $500 effective for a M3 is very tempting. What else is currently better than this?

1 Like

I think the Kona EV might be the cheapest?

1 Like