2023 Ioniq 5 SEL AWD - Good Deal? Honestly No Idea

My handle checks out - I’m a car noob who’s interested in leasing a 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5, SEL AWD trim. I’ve only gotten one dealership to give me numbers so far but I can’t tell if this is even good based on other deals I’ve seen here, on Reddit, or Edmunds. It might be a bit long but I have 3 different sets of numbers to share, I ultimately just want to know how I should set my expectations, realistically.

The sets are: 1) I have a friend who leased in April this year with a circle plan discount, 2) my proposed numbers with a different circle plan (so, different discount), and 3) numbers for a non-circle-plan lease that I asked about (same dealer as #2).

My friend and I understand April was a while ago but we were surprised that it was such a big difference in monthly payment between the two of us. Granted, I also haven’t been able to get numbers from any other dealerships yet, unfortunately, but I’ve seen other posts both here and elsewhere mentioning lease numbers in the $500s. Can anyone tell me if I’m expecting too much by hoping for numbers closer to what my friend received? And if anyone can ELI5 the reason why the monthly payments are so different, that would be great because we’re having trouble understanding (is it just the RV + MF differences that make that much of a difference?)

Appreciate it, thanks in advance.

1. Any deal in April has absolutely no significance for November deals, even October deals are irrelevant

2. The deals you have linked are horrible

I have some predone numbers here for Socal: Socal Hyundai + Kia Lease and Purchase Deals (November). VERY low EV Leases :zap:

3 Likes

The Ioniq leases terrible right now. Cars like the VW ID4 are on fire sale right now. We love ours and you can’t beat the payments and money off MSRP being offered in the marketplace. Drive the Ioniq then the VW. With the Pro S you are getting the Ioniq limited feature set.

1 Like

Your deals don’t look bad at all for November :slight_smile:

Look at the numbers posted above by Jeff and remember that very few, if any, 2023 SELs are left.

If you get a 2024, arguably best to skip the SEL due to lack of features above an SE. Either save some money with an SE (303 mi range version, not standard range) or get more actual features with a Limited.

2 Likes

Thanks, this is good information, about to go searching in Austin, TX area tomorrow.

Not a great strategy. Know your target and make offers to a wide radius of dealers.

Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind. In this case, I’m only going to visit the dealers that sounded willing to hit my target numbers (and my target numbers are basically just the best deals that I have seen on SIGNED! here on Leasehackr).

Ford hasn’t been able to get even close to the deals they had in September. Hyundai has been really cagey about discussing any numbers outside of the dealership. Volkswagen has been the most up front and the most willing to match the deals on SIGNED!

Appreciate the feedback! Felt they were horrible but I’m a noob

Thanks, appreciate that. I know I’m on the search late for an 2023 SEL so I might just have to be more open to a 2024 non-SEL

Thanks for the insight, that’s interesting to hear/consider. Will have to take a look at the VW ID4 as well then

Best of luck!

The cagey Ioniq dealership’s best offer was $634/mo for a 36/10k lease.

The Volkswagen ID.4 felt really cheap and was offering $401/mo with $2k down for the same 36/10k lease for the Pro model (long range but not premium interior).

Overall didn’t find a good value proposition today.

That’s good to know though, appreciate you sharing. Doing some calling to see about some last 2023s I see on the Circle Plan website, but might just end up looking at 2024s