Long Island .Available 2023 Hyundai Tucson Ltd. $40,170 msrp. $498/m . $900 DAS

Signing this deal tomorrow.
Compering to brokers ( including their fees) it is $8/month more efective.
LI dealer and registration
I appreciate any feedback
TIA

Why wouldn’t you use a broker to save $8/mo! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

IMO Going to NJ, time spend in the traffic plus tools for two cars will wash the saving quickly

2 Likes

At lease end, you’ll have equity…on paper.

But you won’t be able to monetize it easily as the people bidding the most (third party buyers) will be locked out by HMF … and Hyundai dealers will take advantage of that fact to lowball you.

2 Likes

Sold 3 hyundai leases to the highest RODO bidder. I know they are bad for getting new lease but for some reason they are the highest with buyouts. Anyhow at this time this is a car for family memeber for daily commute, hopefully for next 3 years.

1 Like

TBH i did not see too many alternatives for similar SUVs. Mazda CX-5 was crossed out from the list due to recent accident involvement.

Your family member can finance it over 72 months for a similar payment and always retain rights to all equity. If the car is totaled, for example, HMF’s contract allows them to keep all the equity.

On a macro level, leasing serially is a terrible strategy for this person and you’re doing them a disservice if you’re recommending it.

Idk. My $0.02
MF is very low for this particular trim so majority of the payment will be depreciation.

Rough calculation

Finance 5.6%
$660/m for 72 months with $660 das.
so $660Ă—36= $23700

Lease 2.52%
900+ ( 35x$498) = $18330

It is $5300 less in payments in next 3 year
I cannot emagine this car will have that much of equity in 36 months ( i cannot emagine most of the cars will have any equity in 3 years)

Aren’t you ignoring principal payments in your cal. You need to compare the amount owed on the loan vs the residual.

You’re missing the point. Won’t you owe like 18k on the loan at that point. Residual is 24k. You’re comparing apples and oranges

1 Like

At only a ~5 % discount off MSRP, what makes you so confident that after 3yrs and 30,000 miles that you’ll have equity in this?

I didn’t know you had magic crystal ball.

Why Hyundai ? Plenty of other SUVs that are more expensive with better payments.

2 Likes

JGC 4xe is not an option. Too big.
Do not see anything at similar payment

If I am not missing anything lease is a better option as of now

Maybe others can speak to this but I think it’s a glitch in the calculator. That negative equity is a positive number. For example try increasing the expected residual percentage and the negative equity number goes more negative/increases.

So lets do the math,

Finance (60 mo, 2.9% is $41062 OTD approximately) $900 down, $719.88/mo, $16766 payoff after 3 years. Total cost $43582.

Lease $900 Down, $498/mo, $24102 RV. Total cost $42930.

Now you can lower cost by going down to 48 mo. 0.9% loan. $900 down, $852.17/mo, $10177 payoff after 3 years. Total cost $41755

I can not agree with You on this particular car.
Pleaee correct the calculator if I am doing something wrong but leasing is the way to go here.

Because the sum of the payments is lower on the lease?

Yes, and based on today’s market 3 years old Tucson Ltd has no equity.

That makes sense.