2023 Frontier Pro4x MSRP $47,960.00 One Pay 18/10 $4,381.76

After giving back my Tundra, I had to get another truck. I saw the Frontier deals and I couldn’t resist; they are great small trucks.

So here is the deal…
18/10 SignatureONE
Total out of pocket $9,031.76
MSRP 47,960.00
Selling Price on the contract $45,901.25
MSD $3,150.00

Rebate check back from the dealer (check request signed by finance mgr) $1,500.00.

Effective one pay $4,381.76 - Monthly breakout $243.43

They originally sold me the truck 7% below MSRP but ran into the classic below residual problem. They had multiple Nissan Finance reps come help them with it and after 5 days they came back with a higher selling price and a rebate. It ended up costing me an additional $300.00 but I let it slide due to my inherent compassion for sales guys (sales guy myself).

Thanks to everyone on the forum for posting up great deals and showing us how to do it. Loving the Pro4x so far.

18 Likes

Forgot to add pics…

29 Likes

I think one of these is going to be my next vehicle, need to replace the Tacoma in a the next couple months

2 Likes

Beautiful truck, enjoy !

I have a loaded '22 Frontier SV 2wd, I really like it. Mileage is decent, power is great. plug and play brake controller + good towing power, only gripe is heavy steering. But I will most likely get another when my 18 months is up.

1 Like

What is $1500 rebate ?

Great truck !

Best colour :fire::fire: slightly biased

Great deal

Curious, can any brokers on the forum replicate this? Or come close?

Based in NY.

1 Like

The rebate isn’t an actual rebate. The dealership is simply writing a check to me for $1,500.00.

They were attempting to honor the original purchase price that we settled on before starting the lease paperwork (and realizing that they need to stay at least $100.00 over the residual in order to fund the lease).

1 Like

There are similar deals that dealers are offering. You could easily replicate it by calling a few dealers and getting 7% knocked off the truck price. This is the fiscal year end for Nissan so deals will get hot here in the next few weeks.

3 Likes

Part of the fun is trying it yourself, with the calculator on the site you can crunch the numbers yourself, cast your net and see if anyone will bite.

3 Likes

This right here is how to be a class A hacker.

The deal was stellar either way and you didn’t need to grind the guy on the other side of the negotiation into powder when a grey area arose to be successful✔️

8 Likes

Illinois dealer?

I saw on the nissan website their ad for $309/month with $3k down. But this total monthly breakdown is so much higher than yours. Any suggestions on how I can get my total monthly cost of a new lease into the high $200s? Thanks!

What area did you purchase this in? I’m going to try and go for a deal super similar to this somewhere in southwestern Michigan or northern Indiana. I figure I might need to go to chicago to get a deal done tho.

Forget the published deals every time as they are almost always a ripoff.

Said this before on a Pathfinder, but a Frontier should
be even cheaper.

I would do the following:

1. Contact a broker here on LH depending on your area/shipping, etc.
  2. If not going with a LH broker or other broker, use the supporter calculator above
  3. See what incentives you can get from the calc for the Frontier
  4. Enter into the calc the MSRP, 1 Pay, 18m/10k, max MSDs (9), plus zip, tax rate, expected dealer/doc, registration etc.
  5. Target your all in $ for $100 about the Residual Value or the dealer will have to mess with the numbers, pay out a check on the side, etc. to get NMAC to approve the lease (must be $100 above RV).
  6. Depending on trim level, that should get you in the mid to high $200s if the dealer plays ball on discount from MSRP and your incentives.

If you are doing this yourself, you have to do the legwork and search for the Frontiers you’re interested in on the Build and Price tool site for Nissan, which will give you a radius from your ZIP Code to find your truck. Then you need to work the dealers.

This assumes the NMAC programs are good through 4/3/23 or don’t change too much for 4/2023.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this info!! I have a few questions,

1. When you say using the calculator, you mean paying to become a super supporter and using the ‘look up lease programs’ feature, correct?

2. MSDs are paid up front, then returned in full when the vehicle is returned? Or are they applied to the monthly cost? How exactly does that work?

3. The residual value is just the value of the car after the term of the lease ends, right? I guess I don’t understand how you’re supposed to get your all in cash to that amount. I think I need some clarity here.

4. Would this method work on other make/models of vehicles? Is this just a nissan thing?

Yes, that is the easiest way to spend a few bucks, avoid Edmunds and get all the info you need for RV, MF and incentives all to save literally thousands.

Yes, MSDs are paid up front and they lower your MF to a lower rate to save you money. You get it all back at the end unless you have damages or amounts due that need to be paid.

Yes, that is RV. As part of the lease, you are in essence paying for the difference in principal (depreciation) and interest between your final cap cost (pretty much the price you negotiate unless you roll all the fees in and don’t pay them up front) and the RV, along with interest on the RV.

What I mean is you want to pay all fees up front as part of your drive off/1 pay and have the cap cost be $100 above the RV so NMAC will fund the lease. Some have done it by negotiating a price below that, but it involves some other steps.

Yes, it applies to many other manufacturers as well and all the programs look a little different.

Some things to remember here:

These aren’t common because Nissan has recently shifted to a model where.they offer very high residual values in exchange for relatively high interest rates. This is favorable for a short term (18 month) lease, which few manufacturers offer.

Not all manufacturers/banks offer the ability to put down security deposits. This can also be something that is prohibited in your state (NY for example).

Right, I was just talking about MSDs applying to some others as well.

Nissan is on it’s own when it comes to the (current) super-high RVs and 18m terms for sure.