2023 BMW X7 m60i lease/finance in Chicago šŸ˜­

Its mainly inside of Chicago city limits. Outside is no big deal. Most is 7.25% so middle ground between NJ and NY.

1 Like

Amazing how quickly it goes from 7% to 19% tax when you cross that city limit.

1 Like

:joy::rofl:ā€¦I see that now and working with Clutch thanks to you lol

1 Like

Exactly! Thought about using my parents address in the suburbs, but thinking it may a bit of a hassle to prove residency.

1 Like

Is this something you want to drive around the city?

Last time I was there visiting a friend he told me that a Cayenne was basically an invitation to be carjacked, and many of his friends were trading into more nondescript cars for safety reasons.

I used to live in the city also (really miss the place I had at Roscoe and Lake Shore Drive), but this visit was the first time I felt like I had to look over my shoulder everywhere I went.

1 Like

I hear ya for sure. And yea, mainly city driving with a few long trips a year. And there have definitely been more car jackings than in recent memory. Iā€™m born and raised here so I always have my ā€œantennasā€, but feel fairly safe. Things can always happen that I canā€™t control so I donā€™t let those things get to me. Cars are insured and thatā€™s the most I can do. I live downtown as well in River North.

1 Like

I was more concerned about your wife, 1 year-old and newborn when s/he arrives.

At least lower the deductible you have on those items. :wink:

3 Likes

Ahhhhh, I hear ya for sure and appreciate the concern. Downtown Chicago definitely isnā€™t what it used be which is why weā€™re considering moving to the suburbs :sob:

2 Likes

I was gonna answer your OP about you leasing in Chicago with the smartass reply ā€˜have you considered moving?ā€™, but thot nawww. lol

3 Likes

My deductible against carjackings only costs about a dollar per claim made by miscreants. :eyes:

We lived downtown and loved it for 13 years but with crazy taxation (prop and sales) and increasing unchecked violence we left for a year vacation on a SoCal beach then just bought in a NW IN suburb where prop taxes are only about 1% and sales tax about 3% less. Always paid cash for my cars in the city and never even considered leasing. Sad thing too is the City has lower prop tax then most IL burbsā€¦so, consider IN.

1 Like