2023 BMW X3 vs buyout of 2020BMW 430i

I am currently debating between buying out my lease or getting a new one. I have a BMW 430i that I leased with $2K down, 36 months and 15k miles per year. The lease is up in November. It has 36K miles on it.

The payoff is $27,125.00 and after calling my credit union the lowest payment is 7 years at $420 per month.

On the other hand, I am thinking of moving to an suv such as an X3. Some of the dealers told me to take this deal and run:

MSRP-$48,865
Discount + Rebate-$4,000
Adjusted price $44,865
Doc fee-$85
Tax-$617.50
Non tax fees-$1559
Balance-$47,126.50

With 36 months and 12K miles the following was offered:
3K down-$684/month
$3900-$657
$4900-$626

With 15K miles per year:
$3900 down-$685
$4900 down-$655
$5000 down -$652

Are these leases a good deal? Terrible deal? Some dealers couldn’t beat it and others did by $10.00

Buy the x3, yes those leases suck

What is the interest rate?

Have you checked out some broker deals in the Marketplace to see what deals look like on this car?

EDIT: Some brokers are offering 6% off MSRP on orders plus rebates.

Aren’t these obviously non-starters?

Do the math … your entire DAS + 35 X the monthly payment = ?

If you plan to buyout the 430i, it might be a good idea to purchase an extended warranty. IMO, I would not recommend financing this soon-to-be 3 year old car for 7 years. Go with a shorter term loan.

But the monthly payments are lower!!! :joy:

1 Like

The interest rate through bmw was in the 5s and with the credit union was in the 3s.

I can’t believe your payoff was less than my 330, buy it!

I actually really wanted to buy it and was going to do it after posting this. I live in CA so with the taxes the buy out is around $30K. If I were to finance the car and hold on to it anywhere from 1-4 years, I may actually wind up being in the negative if trying to use it for a car payment. Although I know that carmax, carvana and all those sites cannot buy out a lease, I did look as to how much they are paying for my car with 36K miles and they actually are paying at most $28K so I may wind up being at a loss if I do end up buying.

[quote=“gabbs1123, post:9, topic:432092, full:true”]
I actually really wanted to buy it and was going to do it after posting this. I live in CA so with the taxes the buy out is around $30K. If I were to finance the car and hold on to it anywhere from 1-4 years, I may actually wind up being in the negative if trying to use it for a car payment. Although I know that carmax, carvana and all those sites cannot buy out a lease, I did look as to how much they are paying for my car with 36K miles and they actually are paying at most $28K so I may wind up being at a loss if I do end up buying.

If you are concerned about being underwater, then finance a non-BMW car that holds its value. Toyota, Lexus and Honda come to mind.

Have you done the math and seen what $420 X 12 X 7 =?

Yes…? Just over $35k

The interest rate with a credit union is three point something and with bmw is 5 point something

I just don’t want to have negative equity that I need to roll into another car. If I keep the car for 5years that’s an 8 year old bmw and 7 years then a 10 year old bmw. While I do love the car, I know around that time things get expensive

You have all the info you need to make a decision. Good luck.

I’m in NY I still bought it.