2023 BMW X1 Pre Production

Some people say it’s like a mini X5. :man_shrugging:

The standard and available “tech” is impressive by German entry-level lux standards. The box-ish exterior should also allow for a decently spacious interior (for the size). If it’s a decent driver, I’d probably consider one in a few yrs.

Grill is active so it opens when air / cooling is needed. The sensors moved into the grill as well instead of being the “black box” at the bottom.

The lost space/capacity over an X3 is in the trunk, about 3 less cu ft. New X1 actually has more head room and more leg room front/rear than current X3. Shoulder room is a little less than X3.

I like it a lot.

Looks like forester

1 Like

back looks like the volvo XCs lights

Any discounts to be had on these yet (stock or orders) Never been as popular as the larger siblings especially on the forum.

My memory is that someone posted an offer for a 2023 X1 that was a few percent off MSRP…

2 Likes

Tom And Jerry Smile GIF

Can’t believe I’m saying this but: this might be the most all-around appealing vehicle in the entire BMW lineup at the moment.

1 Like

Sort of sad…it looks like a Subbie, or something from Korea.

I was actually going to tag you. :wink: I think your post was in response to someone else asking about the 2023 X1? Was it the RAV4 vs. X1 thread???

1 Like

I find the specs super appealing, and I’ll be in the market in late 2024 (hopefully they’ll have the bugs worked out). I’m def considering one.

Since Kia/Hyundai have been poaching designers/engineers from other car companies, I actually find their designs more appealing than many of the European brands (and def all of the US brands). So I’m okay w/ a BMW looking like a Korean car since a lot of the Korean cars look like what the Europeans used to make… :wink:

2 Likes

I think that’s what’s happened - they’ve taken all the sane design talent, and what’s left has given us things that we wish not to speak of.

1 Like

I’d buy that argument except the first big name they poached was an Audi guy IIRC.

NTM Mercedes and Audi are still making attractive cars.

Shield grille aside, I actually find Audis to be reasonably attractive, if a bit bland.

MB is a bit more all over the place from generation to generation. I think the current ICE cars are fairly attractive on the outside. The EQ series is… not good.

I have not liked the MB interiors for the last few generations.

2 Likes

How about the current ones?

Which current ones (eg., C-Class and S-Class have new gen interiors that don’t yet apply to much of the rest of the range)?

The interiors are just a little too glitzy and a bit claustrophobic for me. And COMAND is TERRIBLE.

I remember when MB used to have relatively spartan and airier interiors. That is my preference. But I cannot blame MB for going w/ what is popular and what will sell.

I don’t think the interiors are AWFUL. They’re just not to my taste.

2 Likes

Too many screens now.