2023 BMW M550i $875/mo, $3,500 DAS

, ,

I don’t have my file nearby, but the last one was a high-pressure fuel pump and some related sensors, close to $3,000 at a trusted indie.

This may have included the tow.

The car broke down in the middle of nowhere, while driving at night, between the Salton Sea and San Diego.

For two hours, roadside assistance couldn’t find anyone willing to help, as there’d been recent armed robberies of tow truck drivers who’d responded to bogus breakdown calls in the area.

Eventually we found someone on our own.

Rear brake job was somewhere around $1,500, also at an indie.

There were others. I think the car had ~32,000 miles when I unloaded it, in need of front brakes, 3 tires (neither the car’s fault, of course) and something in the rear drivetrain (I forget). About $6,000 for Carvana to deal with.