2023 Bmw m4 convertible lease

Got inspired by a previous hacker post and received this offer on a bmw m4 convertible.

Msrp: 97k
Selling price: 86k
Mf: .002
Loyalty: 500
Out of pocket: 8,790 (positive lease equity)

Should I pull the trigger or do you think there is more wiggle room? Other options would be a used 2020 bmw m8 convertible for 93k or to purchase my leased 2020 convertible m4 (manual trans) for 48k

Calculator link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

1 Like

$38.5k + your equity to lease a new one. Versus $48k plus interest and sales tax (unless it was included in the 48k).

Personally I’d pay the ~$15k or whatever extra and just own the 2020 for which I assume you were the original owner. Plus it’s manual! Keeper.

Also I would NOT pay an extra $45k (nearly double) for a heavy large, automatic M8 used by someone else for 3-years just to gain some horsepower.

1 Like

Is your equity value being maximized?

Hmm, out of warranty? Scary prospect for a BMW let alone an M. I would go with the lease, or if you’re not in love with this new one, extend the 2020 lease until you can find your passion.

All still have warranty. Original one will be extended and m8 has 2 years left.

In what sense? Like can I get more for it? Probably on the private market

Agreed especially with manual being so rare. New car joy also has value but you might be right, especially at a relatively good discount on new one.

Is it a reasonable trade value, or comparable to what you could receive through a car buying service.

Pp is almost always top value, hypothetically. :crossed_fingers:t3:

I would personally lean towards keeping the current car (as opposed to paying that amount to lease a new one). The used m8 would very likely be my last choice, if an option at all.

You are getting 11% discount off msrp ?

Why would the used m8 be so far away? Because of size or price? Financing payments would be same as the new m4

Nah, the size isn’t an issue for me… depending on your use of the car. I would prefer not to purchase a preowned M car, and the warranty is the other aspect. If we’re lucky there are 2 years remaining? Again, depending on the use and intentions of the car. If I planned to hold for a shorter term, maybe the warranty is a major deal. OTOH, will the value drop faster once out of warranty on that car?

Have you shopped around to determine that you are being offered a decent trade value? That is really your basis here, unfortunately. We’re making the rest of the deal murky without that information.

Appreciate it. We’ll check more of them out but many can’t buy leased bmw unless they are or have a bmw dealership.

Yes and still shopping around though only other bmw places can purchase a lease

Reminder that auto groups should be able to buy the lease out as well, assuming they have a bmw location in their circle (and are obviously willing to do that).

Not what my ex said… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I had a feeling someone was going to take us there. Thanks for not disappointing. :smile:

Excited Game Show GIF by ABC Network

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.