2023 BMW M2 discussion

2023 M2 Leaked.

According to a person on the Bimmerpost forums who attended a bmw event in Australia he confirms the leaked images are pretty much it…

Just saw the finished G87 M2 - My Thoughts & Analysis. Colors List Just saw the finished G87 M2 - My Thoughts & Analysis. + Colors List

The car IMO in this color looks ugly. But I think a darker color might make it look better.

So, any of the hackrs planning to get their hands on this?

4 Likes

Yeah, there was a second thread on this. I’m high on a waiting list at a dealer and have been for months, but I’m starting of making alternate plans.

1 Like

Too bad there is no darker color other than black to hide the boxy rear bumper. I am #1 on one of the highest volume BMW dealers’ waitlist but getting frustrated with the controversial M designs of late. I shouldn’t be forced to pick dark colors to hide design elements on a freakin’ M car…

4 Likes

This is so terrible, way worse than the “Bangle Butt” The F87 was actually good looking

3 Likes

Looks like a scion tc with a body kit

14 Likes

F87 was freaking excellent. Good handling, good design, and with bolt ons you could make 450whp+ without too much grief.

3 Likes

This is going to be a very good track car.
The M2CS will most likely going to be a blast.

2 Likes

Personally, I’m torn on the design of the new M2. Muscular and aggressive, but not in a way we’ve come to expect from BMW. I’ll hold my judgement until I am able to see it in person.

It is very funny to me that so many people are missing why BMW has shifted their design language so drastically from that of their previous generation models. One-third (33.6%) of BMW’s global sales goes to the Asian market– specifically China. See: Key automobile markets of BMW Group 2021 | Statista

Now, looking across the board at what BMW is producing, you can see their design language is heavily (if not completely) influenced by their current best selling market, which now happens to be China. Some might argue that the M2 does not fit that market, or the M2 is a very niche vehicle with limited reach in that market. While that may be true, BMW would not produce a new model that does not fit within the entire global design language.

With that all in mind, go back and look at the leaked M2, the XM, the latest M3/4, the latest 7 series, etc… The puzzle pieces are coming together now and it just seems to make sense… at least to me.

These new models appear to be geared toward Chinese consumers

2 Likes

I think the horrific designs were indeed for the Chinese market, but it looks like the Chinese manfacturers themselves might shifting toward more elegant designs.

https://www.motortrend.com/features/xpeng-p7-most-impressive-new-car-ive-driven-this-year/

So the German makes might need to pull back on the ridiculous styling motifs, lest they be seen as archaic (IMHO)…

This article echoes what Sandy has been claiming…China is about to hand our asses to us insofar as EV’s.

1 Like

Come on, China doesn’t even have car’s with yokes :face_with_peeking_eye:

Chinese EV’s will not be sold in US market. The new EV legislation will prevent that starting 2024.

EV’s sold in US starting 2024 may not contain any battery components that were manufactured or assembled by a foreign entity of concern.

Foreign entity of concern = China (and some other countries)

You mean just the tax credits, yes?

1 Like

Yes, they will never qualify for $7500 credits. I don’t see them entering a market in which they are severally handicapped on pricing. The rest of the world, they can have at it.

Dunno, man…Tesla hasn’t had rebates since forever, and until recent rate hikes, were on a long waitlist. Give a better-built, more interesting design and I can see them competing head to head. I see a LOT of boomers in Ioniq’s and EV6’s, so I know there are loads of never-Tesla EV adopters out there.

1 Like

Tesla going to be king because of their extensive charge network.

Electrify america imo is garbage, their charge network and many of the charging stations are not all that well maintained.

With that said, more and more ev car auto makers are entering the game and they are making some nice EV options.

Ford F150 Lightning
Rivian
Soon the Hummer EV
Hyundai and Kia EV offerings

Personally I like to hold on to a combustion engine for a while longer. EV cars can be fun when launching and instant torque, but after I feel they are boring cruisers.

The one thats being opened up to non-tesla vehicles?

Who is Sandy?

Torn on this one based on what I have seen. I am first in line at my dealer for an allocation, but this design really isn’t doing it for me. Will probably need to see more colors and final pricing to make a decision, but thinking of bailing right now.

1 Like