2023 Audi eTron GT Lease Transfer - 15 Months left - $837/mo - $2500 DAS

, ,

How much would a stranger have to pay you to cosign a lease for them?

I preemptively answered this question.

Depends on their credit, assets, employment history, etc. When I lease a house to someone, itā€™s usually first monthā€™s rent and security deposit. If they have a credit issue and a reasonable explanation for it (ex. business filed for bankruptcy but everything else on credit report looks good), then I might take a higher deposit.

I wouldnā€™t take on the risk for no benefit. If I wanted to exit an AFS lease, then my benefit is exiting the lease. So my decision would be based on i) how badly I want to exit the lease and ii) my calculated risk of the person that wants to take over the lease.

Again, how is this different than leasing a house to a ā€œstrangerā€ when all you have is their income, credit history, employment verification, list of assets, and criminal record? Your financial exposure if far greater handing over the keys to a $1M house. Iā€™m truly interested in hearing the argumentsā€¦maybe itā€™ll change my perspective.

1 Like

Do you want to leave this open (and post pics) or close this? Just so we keep this thread on point - moving this car

Closed per request of OP.