2023 Audi A4 45 Premium Plus - Deal Check

2023 Audi A4 45 Premium Plus
MSRP: 52975
36/10k
Due on signing: 7500 (putting $5k down to lower payment)
Monthly: $566 (including tax etc)
Residual ($32599) 59% 36/10
In Socal - Zip is 93001

Options : Black Optics 19" wheels + S Line interior. Unfortunately got in an accident and my previous vehicle resulted in a total loss so this is what it’s come to. Pretty new to leasehackr so want to know if this would be considered a deal with the current state of the market.

Getting dangerously close to $800/mo for an A4.

Whats the selling price? Are they marking up the mf?

1 Like

No no no.

10char

3 Likes

I believe selling price is MSRP… unfortunate because these are numbers from a reputable broker on the site.

I feel your pain. Recently got in an accident as well. But 1, don’t put that money down. I know it is tempting when you see the monthly payment. But say you get in another accident - that money is gone. You’re not reducing the total cost of the financing like if you took out a loan. Simply prepaying more to have a nicer looking monthly payment.

1. Deal is what it is in this market. Is it MSRP without discount? Thought some brokers had a few percentage points off
1 Like

That may be a good indicator that the A4 isnt the best choice to lease

3 Likes

Yeah that’s true. It looked attractive because I’m not familiar with being a “hackr” and that Audi currently offers a baseline A4 for $500 a month, so I felt like it was a good option.

But unfortunately I have no vehicle right now and can’t borrow family members for much longer.

Other brokers seem to have a discount on the A4. I can’t imagine paying MSRP for an A4 and I don’t think that you need a broker for an MSRP deal.

You absolutely do save money on rent charges with a down payment, and with many of today’s outrageous MFs (relative to recent history), the more money you put down on the lease the less money you’ll spend in total over the term of the contract.

The savings can be substantial (depends of course on the amount of the DP and the MF).

Also, the amount that’s “at risk” in the remote case of a total loss decreases with every lease payment, until it’s zero in the final month.

So you’d have to total the car in the first month in order to “lose” the entire down payment, and that’s only if the insurance settlement is insufficient to recoup it.

good point, I was still thinking like it was 2020 with those wonderful MFs!

Hard pass.

What do you need in your next vehicle and what’s the budget?

What loyalty programs might you qualify for, given current vehicles in the household and the car that’s just been totaled?

It won’t matter if MFs hit the equivalent of 299.99% APR, this old, lazy axiom that’s been foisted upon LH members since time began will never die, so you’re in good company. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure why you are even considering this deal.

Sorry to hear about your accident. What car were you driving before, if you do not mind sharing? Was it leased or financed?

I would suggest either looking at other cars that lease better or finance a car that holds its value (such as Honda, Toyota or Lexus).

We are at 10% off instock. You should shoot for that amount.

1 Like

Previous Vehicle was a 2019 A4 Premium plus financed. I’ve honestly been looking around to just finance the same vehicle too, but the used market is just as painful rightnow.

The reason I’m looking at the A4 was because I was previously driving one and I really enjoyed the car. I like leasing, so my budget would hopefully be around $500-$560, and I really don’t mind putting down a decent down payment.

Got you. I leased a 2018 A4 P+ 3 years ago. Deals were great at the time, and it was a fun car to drive. However, when my lease was coming to and end I felt I needed more space and luxury. Ended up leasing another Audi - this time a 2021 A6 P+ last year.

If you want another A4, here is some free advice below.

:point_up_2::point_up_2:

2 Likes

I’m shooting for 6-8% on a P+ with options, seems like theres low inventory in CA

Have you reached out to the 2 Audi SoCal dealers that are on here to gauge how realistic of an ask this is or perhaps see if they have anything that fits?

@DonnyAudi and @Samaudibh

no one in SoCal will do those deals anymore