2022 X3 Lease Advice

I think we’re talking semantics. They are selling the vehicle to me at MRSP - no market adjustment / premium . Every vehicle is going to have an acquisition fee applied to base MRSP. In this case, it’s $995. The incentive is $750. These are all incorporated into the payment I mentioned above.

As far as MF and mark-up’s, yes, that is going to impact the financing component of the monthly payment, and also baked into my math above.

What is “hidden”?

I would consider reaching out to @Bostoncarconcierge before signing this.

Thank you! Will do.

Them marking up the MF by .0004 and them selling it to you for $1000 over MSRP are the exact same thing.

The problem is people look at an at msrp sales price with a marked up mf and think “they are selling the vehicle to me at MSRP with no market adjustment/premium”

Yeah, no one here is saying these guys aren’t making more money on this deal vs. what they would have made pre-pandemic / supply chain challenges (whether through lack of discounts, incentives, squeezing the trade-in value, jacking up the MF, etc.). I am asking whether the terms above are representative of “market” terms today.

Noticed this was in MA, is this from BMW Of West Springfield if not check them out!

And the first step in establishing that is working out what the actual deal is and normalizing the data so you can actually compare against other deals/broker listings/etc.

Looking at the monthly payment doesn’t tell you anything.

No. Discounts on X3 are attainable and depending on the market I am discounting between $1,500-$3,000 on them.

Interesting. Are these tied to a specific incentive (loyalty, other) or straight reduction to price outside of any national programs?

What data are you missing mllcb42?

Just raw discount.

Well, if we want to properly break it down, what is the actual msrp and selling price before any incentives/included fees/etc?

Take the amount in my post and carve out the $995 acquisition fee.

Wow. In the NE?

OK, so msrp is 52.3k, selling price assuming the incentive is $750 is $53.4k and add in the $1000 mf mark up puts you a bit over $2000 over msrp.

Based on IACs numbers, that’d put you $3000-5000 high

What IACs numbers specifically are you referring to?

The ones 6 posts ago

1 Like

Save yourself a lot of trouble and hit the calculator icon in the top right of your browser. Go to Edmunds and find RV/MF data, plug that in along with the MSRP. That alone should let you know what kind of deal you’re getting. It shouldn’t take 3 brokers reiterating themselves.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll check it out.

:roll_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.