2022 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD - Signed

Somrthing like this is sometimes a requirement for the originating dealer to not lose some of their financing cut, but i havent ever seen a lease contract that has a buyout restriction like that.

Even if it did, 3 months of rent charge is a small price to pay for an extra $7500 incentive.

1 Like

That makes sense!

OP and @frted are mentioning a buyout based on adjusted Cap Cost. This part I am not understanding.
Won’t the buyout be based on Residual, plus remaining payments (minus finance charges)?

How do you plan to make that happen in order to take advantage of the MASS EV credit.

Here is a link to their FAQs: https://mor-ev.org/frequently-asked-questions#General5

Start at net cap cost and deduct the paid depreciation of X months since signing.

Or start at RV and add depreciation of N remaining months.

They both get to same result.

3 Likes

No, the buy out is based on the adjusted lease balance, which is a value that starts at the adjusted cap cost and is reduced monthly by the deprecistion portion of the payments made.

1 Like

Agreed, they should get to the same place, however, every contract i have seen specifies the adjusted lease balance method as the actual math used.

2 Likes

just bought mine out, didn’t even make the first payment yet before buying it out

1 Like

Can you share cost breakdown of buyout?

option

Correct, this is the wording on the lease proposal I received from the VW dealer yesterday. On my proposal, Item 8 Purchase Price is the same amount as the Item 7D Residual Value so they cancel each other out and the price is the Adjusted Lease Balance.

This is section 24 about Adjusted Lease Balance:
ALB

3 Likes

1 Like

What was the MSRP of this car?

Got one today:

22 VW ID.4 Pro S

VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
MSRP: $47,215
$7,500 VC EV Lease Bonus
$2,250 CT CHEAPR EV Rebate
$2,846 off from dealer
Adjusted Cap Cost: $34,619

$4,216 on my trade-in

Let’s see how the payoff goes in a few weeks…

3 Likes

Signed mine today:
22 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD w/ Gradient (last one on the lot, I think they wanted it gone at all costs)
MSRP: $49,215
Rebates + Dealer Discount: $9,816
Adjusted Cap: $39,399

39/10: $650 per month / Nothing down at all (dealer covered fees)

Will give it a week to get VW account number and begin payoff process.

1 Like

Can you separate this out?

$7,500 VW rebate + $2,316 off MSRP from dealer

2 Likes

Seems like most are getting 1500-2000 off msrp. Am i correct?
Seems like i need to negotiate some more

Seems like it, no idea what the fed does tomorrow with updating guidelines.

1 Like

ended up pulling the trigger on it. I knew there could be changes on the tax credit or anything else due to end of months, so screw it :smiley:

It actually is a 2023. They didn’t give me off the car but they added an extra 1000 or so to my trade in, so same shit. After the tax savings (Texas) I ended up getting 500 more than with Carvana and since it was an Ally lease, it saved me some trouble doing it this way.
I can post the full numbers if anyone is interested.

(my Highlander XLE hybrid was a lease I got thru here 24 months ago with no down, ended up with a decent equity, about 5k)

2 Likes

Wondering how the final payout number looks like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.