2022 telluride leasing FL

Hello helpful people , just a newb here.
Me and my wife are are very blind about getting into a telluride lease 12k , 36 months.
We understand this vehicle its on High demand and dealers are charging more than MSRP.
We had been texting with a sales guy of one of the dealers , and after 2 days he came out with a number and claim its the best he can do.

2022 everlasting silver kia telluride LX( with interior lighting kit)
Lease for 12k , 36 months
$0 down payment
$584
Dealer charging 3k for market adjustment.
Knowing the current market , and since it’s a 2022 kia. Is this still a really bad deal with $0 down payment ?

Any advice will be really appreciated!

Have you read leasing 101?

3 Likes

And i will add ,
0$ down payment, but what about due at singing ??

I think you should read leasing 101, and use a broker.

3 Likes

It’s not a vehicle that makes sense to lease.

Find a dealer who sells without markup (they exist). Buy it.

4 Likes

That is XC90 money for a $35,000 SUV. Either look at other options or find a dealer to purchase the vehicle from without ADMs.

1 Like

it ain’t xc90 money anymore lol…those days are gone.

8 Likes

Not even T5M loaner money? Times have surely changed :laughing:

1 Like

Just get a Jeep like the rest of us, LOL😊

On a more serious note----

IMO, the odds are very very high that anyone who jumps into one of these high current demand SUVs is going to end up in a severe negative equity situation before lease end. It will be a SMH type scenario.

GIF by HULU

4 Likes

In 3 years, oof!

1 Like

And that’s why you lease a car. So that when you are 10k in the hole, you return it.

And of course when you are Negative. You never see posts about how XXX OEM will not let you ‘sell’ their car to Carvana, etc. hehe. You see posts about how do I get rid of this turd early and not take a negative equity hit.

2 Likes

:point_up_2:

1 Like

Thats not what was meant to be conveyed.

The best leases in a normal market always seem to be negative at lease termination (thats almost a given). What is not good is to have negative equity AND also be way overpaying on the monthly or lease term basis. Thats a double whammy and is what can happen when a car is leased that is unattractive to lease (such as this one). When posts pop up down the line (in a few months or whenever) for the same car with a 25% less payment, thats the negative that will hurt.

If the payment was $200/mo and the car was negative at the end if would be a diff story (in other words how most BMW leases go :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

I am sorry for my lack of information.

The deal involves $0 down payment and $0 due at signing.
Still want to know what you think.
Thanks.

$3k over msrp makes this a non starter in my opinion. There has been great advice given above.

2 Likes

This is the answer.

1 Like

Yeah but honestly I feel like a ‘hot car’ like Telluride won’t bite your back as long as you can buy at or near MSRP. Like max_g said, it makes more sense to buy a Telluride just like it makes more sense to lease a BMW 7series than buying one.

1 Like

I haven’t looked at the lease programs recently on the telluride, but Hyundai Financial (the same bank that leases the telluride) just shot the programs on the palisade absolutely through the roof, signaling the last thing you want to do is lease one. I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see the same happen to the telluride. Definitely a better purchase option currently.

1 Like