2022 Nissan Leaf - Worth It?

My 2018 Volt’s lease expires in two weeks, I had planned to move to the Bolt when the lease expired but without the federal refund, it makes the lease out of my price rage. I recently saw that the 2022 Leaf had a significant price reduction, and is still eligible for the federal refund. I’m tempted to look into that car as a lease option, but I’ve yet to see it available at dealers. When it does become available, what are you guys’ thoughts on it?

Also, last time I got a lease, I found it much easier to get information regarding Cap Cost, and Money Factor. This time around, it’s like pulling teeth. Did I just get lucky the first time around or has this information become harder to get a hold of?

Have you looked at broker offerings for the Bolt? There are still a lot of incentives that make them a good value.

I’ve not looked there. Could you point a fellow hackr in the right direction? I’m looking to keep my lease $350 or less at this point. And when I had looked, I couldn’t find it for that price or close.

Or look into the current 2021 models, they have higher rebates compare to 2022, kind of even out. 2022 is going to be very new and mostly won’t get as much discount as 2021.

1 Like

Don’t know what to make of this statement:

When the Bolt was with a $7500 rebate, it was $300/month
When the Bolt was iwth a $0 rebate, it was $225/month.
currently it’s $300/month.

It’s currently the same price to lease without rebate then it was with rebate.
So even with a federal refund, they are just going to jack the price up.

But the Leaf is currently the ‘winner’ though I’m not sure it’s all that compared to a Bolt.

Now what truly sucks is , Is there a CA rebate? No one knows as there’s a huge line waiting to see.

Look in the marketplace, but you can certainly work to put together your own deal.

The best place to start is

Please read links in there such as “how to calculate payments” and other helpful articles.

It might seem like a lot but TBH there are fewer <60 minute exercises which will save you so much time, money and anxiety over your driving lifetime.

It may also save you (after your negotiations with LH input) inside the finance office where no one can from the internet can really help you.

Remember, it’s almost impossible to reverse-engineer the math starting from the output (monthly payment) and figure out if it’s a good deal. Start at the beginning.

1 Like

The forums at Edmunds have always been the place to get MF, RV and any lease cash.

1. Go to: Forums.Edmunds.com

2. Click on make & model dropdown menus to find the appropriate thread.

3. Sign up or log in.

4. Make a post asking for your specific model, trim, AWD/2WD, etc with your zip code and the desired lease term in months and miles.

1 Like

Rates for 15k, add 1 pt for 12k, add 2 more for 10k

5 Likes

Do they offer 10k leases on the Leaf?

Yes, I’m not sure if there is lease cash yet

Holy crap this is perfect. Thank you.

At a quick glance the best 36m lease value appears to be an SV (non plus)

1 Like

Indeed they do.

Don’t forget to take into account that situation has changed dramatically between 2018 and now. It was buyers market in 2018 and sellers now. Cars routinely marked above MSRP with bogus “market adjustments” for the dealerships to capitalize on inventory shortages.

You may want to also look into extending current lease to give yourselves time time to put together a new lease.

1 Like

Yes!
That’s the best idea in the crazy time.

I am extending my lease 6 months because nothing comes close to replacing my current lease.

Hoping at the end of the extended lease, I will find something…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.