2022 LR Discovery broken down on way home from dealer - recourse?

If it were me I’d wait six weeks and request loaner in interim. It was a purchase and not a lease, right?

Imagine this repair will show up on Carfax or Autocheck, no? You could have diminished value.

These are all strong/legit offers. I dont think any are wrong choices, even better on “C” if you can get service added.

How much less than ideal? For me and I’m sure many others, some colors are deal-breakers. Or close to

If that 6-week wait comes with a free loaner, that would be my route IF the car that broke is really the exact one I wanted.

I’d be curious to explore option one but that would depend if what higher MSRP would actually bring a options vs current unit. Because higher MSRP by $3k that would only give some fluffy rainbow pony to the dashboard would be worthless.

1 Like

It’s only been a couple days and I think the dealer or JLR stepped up well. I thought it would take much longer to get these options.

Assuming of course the loaner doesn’t shit the bed on the way home too!

I would want to wash my hands of the damaged vehicle if possible. If you can live without a vehicle for 6 weeks, option B sounds pretty good. For your trouble, perhaps a slightly larger discount on the 2nd vehicle v first deal. Whatever your choice, get rid of the rotten apple.

Do 6 weeks with the loaner and get the exact car you want.

There may be other issues down the line with your current car. I would let someone else worry about it.

It’s equally probable the next car has the same issues.

1 Like

A or B … What is the color???

Sorry for not being more engaged. Kid has a new developing allergy / rash. Wish I could simplify that down to a multiple choice problem. Thanks for the lively discussion. Agree dealer’s been pretty upstanding through all this.

So likely going with A. Honestly this one just seemed like the fastest way to no longer deal with further interactions / unknowns. Store GM going to deal with details with JLR Corp. which should be happening in days not weeks. Getting car delivered home this time.

White was original color and replacement is Lantau Bronze (which I can probably get used) but wife is less than enthused.

Thanks all for input. Any of the many interactions with both dealers could’ve blown up honestly but these guys kept it together. Worst moment was when service mgr at JLR SD told me on loaner after I’d told him I need something with 7 seats, depending on when I showed up, it could’ve been a Toyota Camry from the enterprise rent a car for all he knew. :slight_smile:

Will update on all of the future drama when I get replacement car delivered.

4 Likes

They want to make sure you don’t break down again :thinking:

4 Likes

I dunno… I think you ended up making out well, that’s a nice color! (Different model shown, just using it as a color example).

5 Likes

Agree the color may grow on you. It’s quite lovely in the wild.

Happy it’s all working out!

1 Like

Sounds like you know 2 good dealers now in your area! Glad they helped you out.

It’s easy when things go right. You’ll never truly know how the business is run.

But to truly know how the business is run, if ethically, is these disasters when things go terribly wrong. Hope it all works out.

I am wondering what happens with the old car, do they fix it and sell it at msrp? It’s the next buyer that I am starting to feel bad for.

Of course they do.

Over MSRP probably.

2 Likes

why? it would be fixed. miles are on the odometer, not hidden. It had an extended test drive and had a mechanical issue. not a big deal.

They are also knowingly buying a JLR product.

There’s an equal probability the next brand new one off the transporter does the same thing.

2 Likes