2022 Land Rover Defender S

You my friend got slightly fucked, which in the shitbox world of Land Rover/Range Rover lease deals you came out like a champ, this is solid and congrats on the tank

3 Likes

So, because Iā€™m clearly unwell and have a problem, this Defender is now sold.

New Defender and final details on the sale to come shortly.

3 Likes

This 2022 Defender 110 S was sold to an LR store for about 5K over sticker price, resulting in about 5.5K of positive equity paid out to me. I put 4K miles on it in the 2 months I drove it.

Net effective lease payment was $848/month for three payments.

Net effective total cost of lease was $(818)/month.

7 Likes

I canā€™t imagine someone paying 10k over sticker for a used LR lol, good job with the sale!

1 Like

See what happens when you try to buy a Defender V8 right now

1 Like

Check out marketplace listings!

The Defender is a nice truck but what is it with those white painted steel wheels?

Looks like they took 4 spare tires from a 1991 rotted school bus and put them on the truckā€¦

Congrats on the sale.

2 Likes

Itā€™s part of the heritage of Defender brand. It doesnā€™t make a lot of sense if youā€™re new to it, but itā€™s a major passion point around these trucks.

5 Likes

Iā€™m (and Iā€™m sure quite a few others are) anxiously waiting to see what you are replacing this beast with (unless I missed it somewhere?) You do have a problem but itā€™s a great and also fairly entertaining problem!

1 Like

Heā€™s the Defender legend of LH

Iā€™m willing to wager itā€™s a defender :slight_smile:

Was that your second defender this year?

:man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2: Who knows?

1 Like

Since @max_g cyberbullied me about the steelies, had to change it up:

12 Likes

How does the base engine drive? Is it peppy enough for a heavy truck like the 110?

1 Like

Sweet! Is the snorkel functional?

2 Likes

I donā€™t get credit for ragging on them in the very first Defender (RIP rehomed and starting college next fall)

New one is hot - congratulations!!

2 Likes

BRB, taking it into the East River and will report back (or youā€™ll see me on the 11PM news).

2 Likes

https://www.tiktok.com/@motionz21/video/6807854825615658245

Itā€™s fine for us (faux-rugged, luxury-adjacent hipster family with a small kid) shuffling between NYC and the beaches and upstate.

Itā€™s a giant, lifted box. The turbo is fine and it does what it needs to and still gets 22 MPG.

No complaintsā€”this was our third P300.

3 Likes