2022 Kia Niro EV lease 36/15K miles for $319 and $0 DAS

Just agreed to a lease on a 2022 Kia Niro EV EX lease.
36 months
15K miles
$338 payment
First payment due at signing

I agreed to trade in a 2021 Kia Seltos SX Turbo with 13,750 miles on it. The Seltos is currently in the local shop getting a new catalytic converter installed that was stolen :frowning: and the Niro is scheduled to be delevered at the dealer on November 22nd. It is on a boat in the Atlantic right now going to Philly port.

The dealer also agreed to deliver the car from over 2.5 hours away and pick up my trade. All I had to do so far was put down the first payment as a deposit also. The MSRP and selling price were $42,265.

So it’s not first payment due at signing. It’s first payment AND a yet to be determined amount of equity due at sale.

I wouldn’t move forward with this until you’ve at least quantified what that amount is. It may be a good deal or you may be leaving thousands of dollars on the table.

The equity was already determined to get to the payment. The payment is $338 including my trade, that is the deal I agreed on. Not sure why you think the trade equity isn’t determined.

The current lease buyout is either $26,666 and my trade is valued at $30K. The equity is $3,334 and that is being used as a downpayment to get to the $338 price.

The dealer definitely knows how much equity is being rolled in. Do you know how much equity is being rolled in?

$3,333 equity gets me to $338 price. I got other offers from other dealers with $3,350 equity. On my Kia Financial page it says the buyout is $26,660 but the other dealers with the $3,350 equity have the buyout a little less. If the buyout at the time of the lease signing is less the $338 payment will go down.

And how does the equity the dealer is applying compare to the equity from a non-kia dealer?

You should change your title to reflect that it’s $338/mo with $3334 down.

1 Like

Can’t do non-kia since the Seltos is a Kia lease and Kia won’t let you trade in a lease early right now to a non-kia dealer

Kia still allows 3rd party sales by all accounts, there just are quite a few dealers that won’t work with them because of how long they take to send titles. More importantly, you can use the info from 3rd party sites to baseline the quality of the offer you’re getting. Datapoint first and then worry about executing.

So, what @mllcb42 is saying: You would be paying $421/mo including your “$3334 down payment”, further he said to check and see what other vendors would offer for your Seltos and compare that to what the dealer is offering. You would be selling to a 3rd party and not turning in early… read the 101 pages here on the website to find out more…

Edit: Just looked up at carbuyerusa.com and for CA they can offer up to $31.141 for that model/miles so you may be leaving some $1,141 in equity there

I live in VA not CA. Where is the $421 coming from? The payment is $338 on this deal. I jus got another deal from another dealer where they make the first payments and everything else is the same but the payment is only $319/month.

I took my Seltos to Carmax and they offered my $30K for my Seltos. I was told from them and a Honda dealer Kia won’t let anyone else buyout a current Kia lease except Kia.

Ok:
$338x35months+$3334 “down payment” DAS whatever they wanna call this=$15164 /36months=$421/mo

I don’t know what an actual lease goes for the '22 Niro EV but you can reach out to some of the dealer members on here (use that search button) and find out… before you sign anything

$338/mo with $3672 due at sale ($338 first month + $3334 in equity) is $430 per month

Please keep all related posts in the same thread.

Here are the right pictures, sorry. The ones above are wrong

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.