2022 Kia Forte GT Line - Calculator Help

Can you post your attempt at the calculator?

1 Like

Hi, sure thing, am I missing something or inputting something wrong in the calculator?

At first glance, your MSRP is off by $1,000 in the calculator. Looks like you’re buying at $1,000 over?

Yes, I am paying a market adjustment of $1,000 over MSRP unfortunately :frowning:

Okay, so your calculator should have $22,640 as the MSRP and $23,640 as the selling price.

Like this: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

4 Likes

Oh okay gotchya. And does the $250 Kia lease cash get inputted into the “Tax Incentives” line?

Ah, I see now after clicking on your lease hackr calculator. So, it seems like they are inflating the money factor I would assume then?

Hi, sure please take a look.

Definitely a possibility. You can compare the rent charge on the calculator to the one on the lease agreement/contract to confirm.

2 Likes

How close (in dollars amount) does the lease hackr calculator come to the actual lease payments (ie, $5 per month, $3 per month, etc)?

I’d say within $1-3 most of the time.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, @NYNJAudi. No wonder why these dealerships are called snake oil and have a bad rep. They charged me $1,000 over MSRP and that was not satisfying enough for them. Let’s gough the customer also on the interest rate. Their day will come.

You should know how leasing works and how the LH calculator works for your own knowledge and to know how to make offers … but this offer should have been rejected right off the bat.

$14,500+ to lease a $22,600 MSRP car is insane.

3 Likes

Oh, I agree, it is insane indeed. It’ll cost $13,668 to lease a $22,640 msrp vehicle. We’re in an unprecedented time with regard to the car industry. The fed continues to increase interest rates, and in turn, these car manufacturing capital banks, in turn, are increasing interest rates on car and lease finance; also low supply is causing manufacturers to offer very low incentives/rebates (if any), and dealers, in turn, are selling over MSRP. High-interest rates, low-to-nothing incentives/rebates, and higher than MSRP markup are how I am arriving at these preposterous numbers. Crazy times, but everything is expensive whether it’s new or used vehicles. And I found out recently that dealers are playing hardball and maintaining their over MSRP because they are fully aware of which dealers in their respective states are having which vehicles being allocated to which dealership in their respective state along with the ETA.

So dont lease it… it only is worth leasing over purchasing when it makes sense to lease over purchasing.

2 Likes

Should I purchase it instead?

You should do a number comparison, but yes, most vehicles right now make more sense to finance than to lease.

2 Likes

You brought up a good idea, I might finance it instead and then sell it within 3 years. I can potentially sell it for about 7-9K less than what I purchased it and in theory, it would have cost me 7-9K to drive it for about 3 years versus the $13,668 to lease for 3 years.

2 Likes

Yeah, run the numbers on the calculator and share with us what you find. We just launched the Lease v. Finance calculator today. We built the finance calculator for this exact purpose – to compare whether it’s more economical to finance the car for 3 years on a 60-mo loan (or which ever term is cheaper) then sell it or to lease it for 3 years.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.