2022 Hyundai Tucson PHEV Limited Sale Price

HI everyone.

I am currently in NY and looking to sell my 2022 Tucson PHEV Limited.

Can someone guide me on what could be a good price to sell it for to a private buyer. Here are some details:

I am the first owner
Car is paid off
No accident
11000 miles
Car is in excellent condition.
Registered and driven in Illinois
Carvana has offered $33,600
Selling it from NY

I will really appreciate any help and guidance. I also need to know how the used car market is and how long can I expect to have it sold.

Thank You

I would start by looking at the pricing for similar vehicles listed for sale by dealers on AutoTrader, CarGurus, etc.

And then I’d solicit several offers from the usual car-buying sources (Carvana, Carmax, etc.).

The private party market price is somewhere in between.

Where specifically to land on the asking price (closer to the upper or lower end of the range) will depend on how many tire kickers you’re willing to endure.

1 Like

Hi @trism, Carmax has offered $32000, whereas Carvana is offering $33,600.

I did search online but there arnt too many 2022 PHEV limited available for sale, so it is hard to come up with an average number. But still it seems like the car value for a private seller is between $34000 to $36000.

Another thing that I have noticed is that these cars have been on sale for weeks and months.

Have you already fiddled around with the search criteria on the for-sale listings?

Maybe a wider geographic radius, +/- 1 model year, or comparing to purely ICE versions (or even similar PHEV models from other makes)?

Pricing used cars is sort of like appraising real estate.

When there isn’t a healthy supply of nearly-identical comps, you have to start abandoning science and embracing art… like loosening the match tolerance for what you consider comparable.

I sold a 10-year-old, lowish-mileage INFINITI convertible a few years ago, and had a similar struggle.

In the end I priced it to move quickly (a couple thousand above the offers I’d received from Carvanamax). It went home with the second person who drove it.

Sure will try that out.

By the way, where would you recommend to list the vehicle to sell?

I’ve used Facebook Marketplace, CarGurus, AutoTrader.

I’m a sample of one, so others may have more or better suggestions on all of this.

1 Like

Yeah the PP market is pretty weak above price points that the buyer can pay cash for.

Selling a fairly priced $750k Ferrari to a cash PP buyer would be easier.

You can try Facebook or Craigslist for a combined $5.00 to list your car but unless you get the money in your bank account within 7 days then just sell it to the highest bidder among these:

1 Like

@max_g, kindly can you please help me understand what you meant by this:

unless you get the money in your bank account within 7 days then just sell it to the highest bidder among these:

If you follow the links you’ll see many of the bids come with 7 day expiration.

So unless a PP buyer comes through (with the actual money and not just promises), take the highest bid from those links.

1 Like

If you see ads for $34,000-$36,000 and they have been sitting for months, I would sell for $33,600.

Any reason why not to keep until the end of warranty?

I was laid off last year, and the car is mostly just parked loosing value every day for nothing.

try ALGO also. They typically give more than Carvana

I just tried, and they are way too low than carvana. They offered $30,000