2022 G70 lease offer

Good morning everyone,

I currently am leasing a 2021 G70 3.3 AWD @ 550/mo.  I have the oppurtunity to get out of my current lease and into a 2022 fully optioned G70 Mallocora Blue AWD 3.3!  Reading/lurking through the forums seems as if some arent getting under $600/mo for similar G70.  I’ve tried entering all info on the calculator, but i’m coming up with numbers over $800/mo.  A close friend recently signed a lease for  a similar vehicle in regards to msrp, actually closer to 60k.  I’m in awe that they(Cherry Hill Genesis) would get me out of my current lease and into a newer car at this price point.  Where am i going wrong?  The friend had over $6k in equity from a trade in.  I have posted the lease offer sheet if anyone can help out or give advice, please!  This offer sounds to good to be true!

I forgot to add i would be responsible for $1000 down and monthly payment would be $569. $20 more than my current 2021 lease payment.

Did you check the equity on Your current car? Are You sure You have just around $4k. Did You get a quote from carmax carvana vroom kbb driveway alfo. Gmtv etc?

1 Like

Looks like they’re giving you 4k in equity and rolling it into the lease. Like @Zenek said, check around, see if that’s a fair equity number.

This should help with Your research.

2 Likes

The short answer is they are buying your 2021 G70 and applying the positive equity from that car to the new 2022 lease as a down payment to lower your monthly payment on the 2022.

Like others said, this looks good right now, but I have a feeling you can negotiate more in your trade-in value to wipe out the $1000 cash down. Your counter offer should be zero out of pocket and keep the same $550/mo as your current 2021 lease payment. Doesn’t hurt to try, and you hold leverage in this situation.

2 Likes

First, thank you to the members that replied and explained this. Truly appreciate. Waiting to get a online quote from Carvana and others to get an avg of equity on my current lease. I did reach out to my previous salesman, who said thats a good deal and he’d love to match but doesn’t have anything on the lot. I’m feeling confident, just waiting on more equity numbers to roll in to see if I can possibly get a lower trade-in value! Again thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.