Thoughts on this deal?

54310 MSRP
3000 Discount
1690 tax
1195 taxable fees and doc

Buy rate mf
36/12
$683 p/m $0DAS

Without incentives, you can only push for a bigger discount.

Looking for a sporty daily driver. Very torn between Genesis G70 3.3 AWD S.P and Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti S. Same exact price, payment and terms. Any suggestions?

For me it would be a tough call. I would go with the Genesis given the reliability horror stories of the Alfa Romeo. Does the Giulia have the performance package? I think it is a must to get the most out of that car.

The genesis is the sport prestige and the giulia is the ti sport. Both roughly $54k.

Neither seem great for that money. Could you get a 3 or 4 series in that payment range?

It’s better than the offer I got after test driving the top trim today (also $54k MSRP). Buy rate MF, 36/12, $4.5k DAS, $668 per month. I do live in VA so sales tax is a killer, but going to try to work this offer into something better.

With $0 down I would be at almost $800 per month for an equivalent priced/equipped car.

I considered financing the genesis, but the payments would be about $800 per month or more.

For about $650 per month, those are the best deals I can find. I am also getting a dealer to buy my lease out a month early which is saving me the disposition fee and $1,300 in deferred payments.

Not great options, but I think the Genesis overall has more features for the money. The Alfa would be a 42 month lease… forgot to mention that.

I am getting this deal in MD so I may be able to help if you’re interested in one of the cars.

What would be your effective payment if you financed it, counting the cash back you get when selling it?

I’ve been trying to calculate that. By any chance could you help? I can give additional details.

I do not want to put any money down - that’s firm. Interest rate is 1.9%. It looks like the residual value would be about 45 or 47% of the msrp in 5 years from my research. Free maintenance ends after 36 months. I’d like to factor that as well as well as the interest payments. With the 10 year warranty it will definitely make sense to keep longer than 36 months.

Have you tried a Stinger? I compared against a G70 and liked it much more (GT2 vs Sport Prestige) and it has $5250 in lease cash (and with some leg work you can get pre-incentive sale price down below invoice).

I’ll shoot you a PM good sir.

What did you like about Stinger more than G70?

Practicality - I have a 2 year old and the trunk of the G70 was way too small. The Stinger’s hatchback provides a ton of space for schlepping stuff around (and I think the sportback styling looks great).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.