Ford Mustang Mach-E -- MY23 Order Banks are Open

If you don’t have a priority code or have a different one then you’re getting a ‘23?

Not sure what’s better, a 22 or 23 with the bill about to be signed.

That’s the speculation since ford is the one that puts that priority code. Everyone will know more Thursday. And I’d say that depends on how much they hike up the prices on the '23. If you take '22 delivery before the guidance drops too could have an effect.

1 Like

I have a contract signed dated 8/10. Will take delivery later this week because dealer is 8 hours away. I am assuming I should be good?

1 Like

Will be interesting to see what happens to Mach-E sales after it loses $7500 credit starting 2023 at the latest. Most it’s battery minerals comes from China and the battery cells are made in LG Chem factory in Poland.

It seems like you should be good with the transition rule but I’m no professional

MMR shows the value for used values that don’t qualify for the federal money and the MMR is above MSRP.

What happens with tax credit if you buy a Mach e today?

MachEs’ final assembly in Mexico ruins things. So, definitely no $3,750, right?

Can we still get the other $3,750 or is everything gone and the tax credit is $0 on Mexico assembled MachEs?

Take delivery this year and you’re fine. North American built and qualifies under old rule.

Next year we have no idea on the battery components but I’m sure all the manufacturers are scrambling to get in line on materials if they can. Will be waiting for that guidance.

1 Like

Oh doesn’t the bill start acting starting today for both the $3750 components?

Sorry, trying to read around but how will MachE deliveries this year qualify for the $7,500 rebate?

1 Like

Vehicles Purchased and Delivered between August 16, 2022 and December 31, 2022

If you purchase and take possession of a qualifying electric vehicle after August 16, 2022 and before January 1, 2023, aside from the final assembly requirement, the rules in effect before the enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act for the EV credit apply (including those involving the manufacturing caps on vehicles sold). If you entered into a written binding contract to purchase a new qualifying vehicle before August 16, 2022, see the rule above.

That’s how.

If you did something silly like read the actual bill, you would come to that conclusion, but the irs guidance says otherwise.

So if order banks open end of August and we order and take delivery before end of heat we get full credit?

Yes. And at least some credit it you get it next year and it’s an under 80k build and you meet income requirement (which is more likely based on the backlog of 22 orders)

Thank you! I appreciate it

1 Like

Any one get scheduled today? Still nothing for me and it’s been over 45 days since the Ford email promising to update at least every 45 days.

Still nothing except for the 6 week Ford email since April.

I read that 2023 model year will drop the Ice Blue Silver Metallic for the Mustang which is what we wanted to match my Lightning.

If the order gets pushed into 2023, I am afraid the dealer will contact me for a color change…

Are these built/assembled in North America for the new rebate ?

Yes, but in 2023 will not comply with the battery rules. I would not count on this if you expect delivery after 1/1.

1 Like

Just received this email