2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks - Ebay car selling experience?

I am wondering whether I shall expand my selling effort for my 2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks Advanced 4-Door 4WD with lot of aftermaket add-ons to ebay.
Quite disappointed with Autotrader views and surprised with CarGurus view and “saves” rate, but not many contacts, just tire kickers. I understand that it is a different time than last year. CarGurus is in the pocket of dealers, actively suppressing rating of your deal as a private seller.

Did you sell car on ebay? What are the possible hiccups?

Don’t know what these trade for, but you’re a member here and probably already know that listing price is most important.

Perhaps try the Bronco forums? Or auction site a la Cars and Bids which would cost you nothing.

That being said, I had one vehicle sale transpire from eBay (and was actually bought after the ad expired) but every time I posted a vehicle on there it was just lowball offers and scams. Total time waste to be honest, plus fees.

It’s been ~4/5 years since though, so maybe it has changed.

1 Like

i sold my supra on ebay, got a bunch of fake ballers but eventually someone sent me a message wanting to talk, few minutes later I had a 5k deposit and a week later he was here in person. dude ended up driving it back to NC
always make sure they have good feedback and make sure the transactions are real not .99 $1/2/3 buys or sells

1 Like

For laugh:

From Vroom.
No idea why, maybe because I mentioned the skids??

1 Like

No mass national retailer wants anything to do with aftermarket parts.

There are a bunch of “Bronco for Sale” groups on Facebook if you can deal with the comments. I would join them all and place an ad in the marketplace and you can copy it into all of those groups you are a part of at the same time.

You will probably want to revisit your price. There are some things you have done that add value, but also some things that detract. Call it a wash and see what you can remove and sell to make a little more back. Some dealers have been posting new '23 Outer Banks for MSRP. They go quickly, but that is what you are dealing with now. Unfortunately, the market has changed a lot from even six months ago. Good luck!

4 Likes

Ill give you $30. Can drive up and pick it up tonight.

In seriousness, consider cars and bids or something. Or Mecum coming up - not sure if its too late to add it.

1 Like

These are trading wholesale fairly close to your asking price. (~$60k). You have a hard top, which is still hard to get. If you have a little bit of price flexibility, I would try reaching out to some local wholesale dealers and see if they will run it through the local Manheim auction or through other wholesale listing channels. I would also reach out to usual national truck buyers… GMTV, CarBuyerUsa, Texas Auto Value.

See; List of places to sell or value your car online

CarsandBids or BaT

I couldn’t move my wild trak with your same mileage priced similarly to yours. Tried cargurus and all other channels and highest offer I got was 60k. Ended up sending it to auction. I would try what z0lt3c suggested, at least with the wild trak wholesale went up ~3k in just the last month.

2 Likes

The best offers around $55,000 came from CarGurus and Texas Auto Value. But the latter, what a sketchy place. (A guy flying in with a backpack of cash to meet you in the bank and driving the car to Dallas??)

Such offer would be acceptable without the add-ons I have. Still not decided on the ebay, hope for a local sale.

I would never take a cashiers check for a car sale unless the person was financing it and the bank hands me the check

A cashiers check can be cancelled

Cash can’t be cancelled :laughing:

2 Likes

In principle, all you said is true. I looked over the shoulder of the buyer when they were producing the check in our bank on the previous car I sold.

But the TAV, can this be a money laundering scheme? I spent like 2 hours on web profiling them. They also offer wire-in, so you wait with this guy in the bank until the teller confirms the wire is in. I have no idea if that can be reverted.

If they meeting you at the bank
Have them hand the teller the money, they verify it and done

Not everyone likes to share their routing and checking number

And Texas auto value has been around for a while
They got suckers for days

It’s considerably over priced regardless of what extras have been added to it… It’s a non-Sasquatch/non Wildtrak. I would just try Autonation/GMTV and go from there. One can get an incoming or in stock Wildtrak/SAS hardtop for ~$5K over.

GLWS.

1 Like

For what its worth my recent experiences with trying to sell some older electronics I no longer use on eBay was pretty miserable. I have bought a couple things over the years but don’t have much experience otherwise. Each item I posted was bombarded with offers (some higher than asking) from accounts that were clearly fake. I read that its common for scammers to target eBay sellers with little to no history as they make easy targets and rip them off.

The car scene may be different (hopefully) but all I can say is be super careful and don’t be too trusting. @drdvrgs provides good advice above and you should make a plan that eliminates risk as much as possible. Before they have the title and keys you better be sure the money is good. I won’t beat a dead horse on the price, but be sure you know your target market and get the vehicle advertised in front of them.

1 Like

Texas Auto Value is a licensed wholesale car dealer in the state of Texas and is a well-known and respected operation for high end trucks. As you can see from their Manheim reputation, they have sold 40 vehicles in the past year via dealer channels with a 4.1 score. I would have 0 hesitation in doing business with them, they are one of the better wholesalers.

2 Likes

Bronco sold today for $61,000 to a contact through ebay so in this sense the $79 ad cost was worth. He paid $500 downpayment and we went to the bank, I got the certified check witnessing the issuance and my sig on the title was notarized there.
TAV stayed in contact offering $500 more but when I tried to accept, they needed to wait for a final approval (?) so I went the sure way locally.

On a separate note, can somebody with an access to auctions see what a new 2023 2D Outer Banks Sasquatch, MIC roof, High package with 300mi is worth?

And the climax of the day, my wife with a smile hands me over the phone with an email announcing building her Bronco Heritage in April :partying_face:

4 Likes

Congrats. Glad to hear it worked out for you.

No sale history for 2023 so take this with a grain of salt. Assuming you had the 2.7, MMR is at $53k with a retail value of $55.3k.

2022 is $56k and $58.4k (fyi).