2022 EV6 Wind RWD Finance and Lease offer in Va

Got an offer on a trade of a 2022 Niro EV EX for a EV6 Wind RWD. I got hoth a lease and a finance offer. Below are the details. Is the lease or finsnce a good deal or not for the current market. The mileage on the trade Niro is 14,368. The trade in value is $36K and the current lease buyout on it is $27,891. It is on a 36 month lease with about 24 months left.

Finance:
84 months
4.99%
$599 Doc fees
$48,965 MSRP OF THE EV6
$52,860 selling price
$690 monthly payment

Lease:
36 month
15K miles
.00238 MF
55% residual
$750 rebate
Doc fees, selling price, trade, MSRP all same from above
$790 monthly price

3 STOCK #.pdf (862.6 KB)

Don’t think EV6 Wind is still enjoying $5K markups…have you checked Marketplace? IIRC, Clutch was doing minimal markups on these, could save a few grand.

check this out

Multiple EV6 deals out there for $500 over.

Would be happy to help! See you’re in VA though - would have to come to NY or NJ to pick up from one of our partner dealers. We’re at $500 over and a decent selection. Feel free to shoot me a PM

Any near VA?

1 Like

Really want RWD not AWD I feel

That much markup on MSRP at 5% APR AND 84 (SEVEN) years loan???
No - it is not a good deal.

It is like “you have to have this car”???

4 Likes

I have searched about 5-6 dealers and this seems to be the best offer in my area in the current market. Are you seeing better offers?

Please don’t finance it over 7 years.

Why pay a nearly $4k markup? You either need to widen your search or reach out to one of the brokers on the forum.

See below.

@Chris_Birkhimer
If this is an option keep the Niro as long as possible, wait another year for the market to cool down a little bit more. You have still 24 months left with 30K miles. not sure what is Your current payment but I would spend the saved money on a nice family vacation :slight_smile:

Just stay in your Niro for now. In the next 24 months you’ll find better deals plus tax credits.

2 Likes

Hit up other kia/hyundai dealers and see what your niro is worth to them in an outright sale. Then:

1. sell to the highest bidder. deposit equity check in your bank
  2. expand your search. by a lot. find a dealer with an ev6 and not a $5k markup. reserve it, finance it, pick it up, and enjoy it

My current payment on my Niro is only $315. I know it is a big jump. I just like certain aspects of the EV6…
It has a dimming rearview mirror, I really miss that
It charges so much faster, making the car more usable
The extra range also increases its usage
It is slightly bigger especially in the cargo area, again increasing usability
Has USB ports on the side of the front seats the kids in the back can use
I like the new dash better
Not positive the market will really calm down in the next year or so

I am more curious if the offer is on par with other offers at the moment not if the over is worse or better then it might be in 2 or more years. I am looking at today’s market.

Not sure about tax credits since the inflation bill went into effect since the EV6 is made overseas. Might be the end of large lease cash amounts to balance out the tax credits :frowning: I don’t think Kia has any plans to move production to USA.

It was not about “better offer”. It was about do you NEED to have THIS car?

1 Like

What’s so special about the EV6 that makes it $7,500 better than other EVs that would qualify?

Of course I don’t NEED it. That isn’t the question. It is more of a want and I want to know if that offer is good for the current market. I think that is what is being overlooked. I am not asking or concerned if I can get a cheaper price on another car or if I can get it cheaper 2+ years down the road. I am asking right now in the current market is the offer fair?

I am not even sure I would qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit. I can’t find anything online that makes it easy to figure out who gets it and who doesn’t. I get a refund every year in my taxes so I am not sure I get any of the tax credit for EVs. Other EVs that qualify I am not interested in really since they either cost way too much like Tesla, BMW, Audi, etc or they are too small like Leaf, Bolt, etc.

I am just trying to ask if the offers are good for the current market, not if they are the best offer on any car in the market at any time in the next 2+ years. I am specifically looking at the EV6 and the current market.

If You can afford it go for it, but i would not pay for the car more than 5% of my monthly income including insurance.
But this is what I would do.