2022 EV6 Wind RWD Finance and Lease offer in Va

Not sure about tax credits since the inflation bill went into effect since the EV6 is made overseas. Might be the end of large lease cash amounts to balance out the tax credits :frowning: I don’t think Kia has any plans to move production to USA.

It was not about “better offer”. It was about do you NEED to have THIS car?

1 Like

What’s so special about the EV6 that makes it $7,500 better than other EVs that would qualify?

Of course I don’t NEED it. That isn’t the question. It is more of a want and I want to know if that offer is good for the current market. I think that is what is being overlooked. I am not asking or concerned if I can get a cheaper price on another car or if I can get it cheaper 2+ years down the road. I am asking right now in the current market is the offer fair?

I am not even sure I would qualify for the full $7,500 tax credit. I can’t find anything online that makes it easy to figure out who gets it and who doesn’t. I get a refund every year in my taxes so I am not sure I get any of the tax credit for EVs. Other EVs that qualify I am not interested in really since they either cost way too much like Tesla, BMW, Audi, etc or they are too small like Leaf, Bolt, etc.

I am just trying to ask if the offers are good for the current market, not if they are the best offer on any car in the market at any time in the next 2+ years. I am specifically looking at the EV6 and the current market.

If You can afford it go for it, but i would not pay for the car more than 5% of my monthly income including insurance.
But this is what I would do.

Again, that is missing the scope of the question. In the current market should I expect a better deal than what I was offered or, because of the market, this is a reasonable offer? I am not asking if the market justifies the offer or if I should expect to do better at this current moment.

This is not great offer IMO. In simple words You can save $4k making round trip to NJ but it will cost one day of Your time plus tools. You do not have to do it if You have a better option to make $4k in one day.

2 Likes

That was answered - No, this is not the best deal.
There is a broker here who has the same car for far less markup than you were offered.

1 - for financing - did you shop banks and credit unions for the rate? (5% was offered by dealership and I don’t know if that is the lowers you qualify since dealership gets a cut of the rate they get you in)
2 - are you willing to ship the car or travel to get to save few $?
3 - are you willing to check dealships out of state - even states next to you? I’ve gottens car as far as 3 hours drive one way just to get a better deal.
4 - have you check what your returning car is worth? Is dealership giving you a fair $ for returning your car to them?

Those are the questions to ponder. Especially the rate and how far as you will to go to get a better deal since a broker here has offered you a better price.

1 Like

I have both at msrp. 750-1k fee to me. Dealer doc fee is only 179. Shipping to va maybe $500 or pickup free in the northeast

I sent a message to the broker but haven’t heard back yet. I think he indicated also that he is in NY and wants me to go there to get it.

I didn’t shop banks and I am not interested in doing that, sorry. I prefer to shop dealers. I shopped banks in the past and it was always a waste for me for some reason.

I want the car delivered. I have done that in the past with 5+ cars and I find that easier. I don’t want to ever go to the dealer. Having them deliver it saves me so much time.

I am checking over 300 miles from me. I am in VA and checking in TN, GA, NC, SC, WV.

The KBB on the Niro I have is between $33K and just over $36K in Like New condition. My offer was $36K for the trade value.

I can’t wrap my head around why you’d light your money on fire especially when you have 24 months left on your existing lease.

So I guess everything I’d say would “miss the scope of the question” … which btw has been answered already but you keep looking for a different answer.

Clearly you’ve made up your mind but are looking for one rando to agree with you so I’m out.

4 Likes

Then I don’t think there is much to add to the deal.

Based on the answers it is a good deal for YOU specifically based on your wants and comfort wishes.
Is the THE best overall finally - no. But it doesn’t have to be since it works for you.

You can always get a car shipped from out of state to VA. It will be at your own cost, though.

Here is a broker offering both shipping and pickup options.

Here you go. All you need to do is search and do some reading.

Anyway, good luck with your search. You have all the info you need to make an informed decision.

4 Likes

Dammit, people! Y’all missing the scope of the question. Lemme clarify for the OP.

“This is my offer. Can I do any better from this particular dealer on this particular day on this particular unit because I don’t want to do any more work on this and want someone to tell me this is good so I can tell my family and friends I got a good deal?”

There is only one answer to this question. “No, you can’t do better today on that car from that dealer. Congrats!”

5 Likes

I would not pay markup on an EV6 nor an Ioniq 5 - especially after the loss of the tax credit (which almost everybody who works a regular job making near $50K should get).

6 months ago it was near impossible to find one without $3K+ markup at least ($20K some places). Now I get calls for dealers in FL offering them to me at MSRP and am I able to “order” at MSRP also.

The only thing that would push me to tell you to buy the EV6 is your trade in value. Get other offers from online car vendors. If this dealer is offering you $3K+ more then that covers the markup.

You’re better off with the purchase rather than the lease on these two offers if your $8100 equity is actually given to you as a check and NOT applied to the purchase deal… other than that, folks above gave you a clear picture that a BETTER deal is available but you’re unwilling to “work” for it and ship the car for a better price… you’re still saving about $2500 with @Jrouleau426 offer-the choice is yours and enjoy this car

Depending what part of va you’re in I have a dealer close, or shipping would be under $500. If you want to text I can get a price on your Niro and have the ev6 at msrp. I believe I have a rwd wind with tech also

Jim
215-359-6836

Everyone is throwing better posted offers at you.

Jim, a broker, has even entered the thread and told you his car is msrp and can have car shipped to you. Why do you keep asking for advice on your own deal?
The answer is clearly no. It’s not a good deal

2 Likes

This is a fair deal for you from this dealer in your market.
you should go down there and sign the deal and enjoy your car